[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AVE

Can Dermal Regenerator be extended (with proper !!SCIENCE!!research, ofc) to tend also animal skin issues?

skullywag

hrmmm possible, the issue is adding float menu options to all animals to take them there would need a detour/injection probably, thats a lot of work and ive got way funner things on my plate right now, ill add it to my list though.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Canute

Quote from: skullywag on January 19, 2017, 03:48:53 AM
But how does a wooden pallet suddenly store more stuff?
Same like a pallet can store more then simple ground ! :-)
Inteligent stack managment.
Yes it is a bit unrealistic, but i like a bit simple then to have 3 times the nearly same building. That would explode the furniture list.
Ofcouse you could move them all to a menu, or just create 3 universal storages, wood for simple, steel for more  and plasteel for maxim storage.

Canute

Another idea came through gaming.
There are alot of different leather,meat whatever, because the people want variations.
But that is horrible for the extended storages. You need manual set each rack for one of the most item you got. For raw resources like Steel,wood,... thats ok but for all these different meat/leather, sigh :-(

So it is possible to auto. restrict the rack to the 1. resources it get delivered onto. And auto. unrestrict to all when nothing is left anymore on the rack ?

And i think the resource cost for all storageracks are to low.
A wood pallet can hold 600+75 thats 9 stacks of 75.
I think these pallets arn't just pallets, they are more like a high/stacker racks with 8 level, and the one before is the lifter.
At the best cast you need 9 times a wood floor (3 wood) but i think a stable wood floor are needed 4-5 wood.
So a wood pallet need 9 x 5 wood at last. The need of 1 component for the lifter is optional.

skullywag

I like your first suggestion, especially for textiles. Ill look into it and see how feasible it is, Ill have a look at the resource cost balance while im at it.

EldVarg

I agree with they should be more costly, and maybe include a lifter.
Auto set to store only the first thing that is on it sounds like a good idea. Maybe also increaste the priority while you are at it, so the same thing won't be chosen for another empty rack (until its full).

Still there is a problem that the rack gets "occupied" when someone takes o leave something to it - then noone else can use it.

Madman666

The idea about pallets and shelves self restricting upon being loaded with one resource type is very nice. I hope it can be done)

skullywag

I can do nothing about how the hame handles reserving sorry thats just bot gonna get fixed.

Madman666

Well, the idea was good, but confines of code are still there. I am already glad it just works fine with A16.

Emmote

Looking forward to being able to use Roof Bomb again.
Would also be nice to have an item that can reinforce a roof to make it stronger.

Madman666

Quote from: Emmote on January 24, 2017, 02:59:19 PM
Looking forward to being able to use Roof Bomb again.
Would also be nice to have an item that can reinforce a roof to make it stronger.

There is quite interesting remote explosives mod there, explosives from it can destroy overhead mountains and much more. Could use that before Skully's one is ready for a16.

EldVarg

Deteriorated items (at least food) get full health when placed in storage, maybe instead calculate an average.

Canute

It is because the old stack get deleted and a new stack with the new size get added.
But i think that is a minor thing, normaly people build roofs above their stockpiles as soon as possible, and special food rot away before it reach 0 HP.

skullywag

EldVarg

Quote from: Canute on January 25, 2017, 05:53:25 AM
It is because the old stack get deleted and a new stack with the new size get added.
But i think that is a minor thing, normaly people build roofs above their stockpiles as soon as possible, and special food rot away before it reach 0 HP.
Well it is a bigger thing in MarsX.