[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnomeknows

Quote from: Mrshilka on June 30, 2015, 10:02:16 AM
Roof Bomb, thanks so much Man I Love this mod!.

Thanks, I can now get rid of those pesky mountain tops, I hope.

RickyMartini

Hey skully nice mod. One thing. The Dermal Regenerator doesn't heal scars from punches.

Usually the ones who look like this:

- Scar (left eye - punch)

Those are not recognized. Also, the dermal regenerator is definitely OP since It doesn't need any resources like plasteel or something. Not that I wouldn't mind because it works great but the tradeoff of having a puking colonist is basically null in relation to having scarless colonists. Also the regenerator itself only needs 250 steel and does not need research so it is very easy to build it. Would maybe throw some uranium into the equation to balance it.

skullywag

I agree on the cost/benefit front, i did have gold in the recipe it seems to have vanished??? once A13 hits ill do a sweep of my mods for balance as i believe its adding a generic "circuit" item for use in tech stuff, that im guessing every modder is gonna abuse the hell out of! :)

I will look at the Scar issue though, it should have found it, im sure i addes a case insensitive check, if the injury has the word scar in it, it should find it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

LLoki

I checked it. Dermal regenerator looks for the word "scar", so it won't find any if you have language set for your own (not english). I changed game language to english and it works just fine. For temporary solution I advice to change the language to english, heal all the scars and change it back. Dunno if anyone would like to bother translating it to all available game language... ;)

skullywag

Give me the relevant words for now and i can add them to the allowed words if you want

RickyMartini

Could it be that it does make a difference whether the first letter is capitalized? "Scar" and "scar"?

skullywag

Could be i only saw the ones where scar was used. Ill update it when i can and you guys can check. Bit busy at the moment due to christmas/new year and having 2 kids to keep entertained. Bare with me.

RickyMartini

skullywag

Updated Additional Lighting:

changes:
Offset wall light texture so its sits on the wall better (will adjust preview image later)
Made path lamp actually use the sun now, its very basic but if its seen the sun at all itll come on at night for approx half a day in ticks (lasts almost the whole night, goes off about 6am) so in an eclipse it wont work as it wont have seen the sun)

Added new mods:

Better Coolers and Better Vents

Ive split out the coolers and vents from lattas redistheat mod, this is a simple repackage to allow us to use the awesome textures in place of the vanilla ones, it also takes the "onwall" placement workers and stuff so requires CCL.

Happy new year! :)

TLHeart

working path lights again... but why o why did you say they are ugly with a -5 beauty?

path lights add beauty.

The wall placed heaters and coolers are the only reason I even use Latas redistheat mod. thank you.

skullywag

Beauty is an oversight ill fix it later.
edit - fixed v1.4

TLHeart

Thanks Skully for the beauty fix. 

Now if there was any easy way to make the path lights colored, since ccl colored lights require the power exchange, that does not work well.

skullywag

THAT is gonna be a fun 1 to attempt...doable just have to rip out the relevant bits from ccl, cant just use ccl for the reason you stated. However that also raises a question of why it depends on power in the first instance, its just a glower and the core glower now doesnt require power (it used to).

Edit - looked at the comp in ccl, found the powercomp requirement is totally superfluous, spoke to the ccl guys (fluffy actually) hes gonna rip it out, look for a future update to make path lamps coloured. :)

TLHeart

Great, that way I can really have a nice outdoor picnick/zen garden area.

skullywag

Fluffys already done it, ill try out the test release of ccl later on tonight.