[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seinne

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but, Extended Storage somehow messes with creating indoor spaces. Tested with this mod and ccl only, if you create a square room and then place a door in it, it changes from being designated an indoor unroofed, room to an outdoor room and wont change back. The pawns even roof it over like its a room.

The biggest issue with this is if you have two adjoining rooms, like bedrooms or freezer to kitchen, the game doesn't recognize them as separate rooms anymore even with a door between them.

The weirder part is that if you add another door next to the first, it fixes the problem sometimes.

I'm throwing no error codes in game or in the log, it's taken me hours adding and removing mods and restarting the game over and over to figure out which mod was causing the issue.

kosh401

My buddy and I are also seeing some buggy behaviour when it comes to roofing and indoors vs outdoors rooms since adding Ext. Storage, but we also just added Justin's Zombie update and Industrialization so I wasn't sure whats causing it. At least the storage itself is working as far as I can tell so far (thanks!). Also reloading the game when a room is bugged out as ourdoors when it should be indoors has fixed it so far for us.

As an example on a fresh map, I finished off a pre-existing wall section for a small battery storage structure and it would not change from outdoor to indoor. But while it was "outdoor," rain did not hit the batteries and nothing exploded etc. But when I put a bed in that room and try to designate it for prisoners, I got the outdoor warning saying I can't do that there. Reloading the game switched it back to indoors tag and I could do the prisoner bed there.

Anyway hasn't been game breaking yet for us and I'm just happy to have the storage working :D

InfiniteRemnant

when you get around to updating the vents and cooler replacements, can you port over the wall-vent-style heater from Redist as well? it looks so much better than the vanilla ones, but finding a stand-alone version of it is a pain.

Kriminal

Quote from: skullywag on July 26, 2016, 04:30:14 PM
well thats the stack size check ive just fixed, have you got the alpha 14 version?

https://github.com/Skullywag/ExtendedStorage/releases/tag/ExtendedStorage1.6

can anyone else confirm if this is working ok?

Warlocke, can you give me exact reproduction instructions? you enable the mod load a new game then what?

I was also having the same issue. I think it must be with the mod on steam, I downloaded from the link you provided set-up my mod order http://imgur.com/a/y73Dp and BAM! Working great! So again, maybe just uploaded an old mod to steam? Either way, direct link provided works, Steam mod does not. At least for me. P.S.-It works fine with save games  ;)

(Edit) Awesome mod, which is why I wanted to figure it out so bad. Hope this helps you fix the steam mod/file issue and others to enjoy this AMAZING mod!

(Another Edit) My bad, steam mod is also working fine...AS LONG AS YOU SET YOUR "Pallet, Freezer, Hamper" etc TO ONLY ACCEPT ONE ITEM it will stack it with no error exceptions.

AHare

Quote from: Seinne on July 26, 2016, 11:14:17 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but, Extended Storage somehow messes with creating indoor spaces. Tested with this mod and ccl only, if you create a square room and then place a door in it, it changes from being designated an indoor unroofed, room to an outdoor room and wont change back. The pawns even roof it over like its a room.

The biggest issue with this is if you have two adjoining rooms, like bedrooms or freezer to kitchen, the game doesn't recognize them as separate rooms anymore even with a door between them.

The weirder part is that if you add another door next to the first, it fixes the problem sometimes.

I'm throwing no error codes in game or in the log, it's taken me hours adding and removing mods and restarting the game over and over to figure out which mod was causing the issue.
Seconded on all this. Was having the issue earlier trying to build inside a mountain, despite being well roofed it shows as outside until reload, though rain does not pass through. Building another room connected does fix the issue as well.

Odd glitch, but hey do what you can Skully. Honestly your mods are a must have for me, I've been putting off playing until you can update.

Sarelth

I had the same problem, but there was no extended storage buildings in the rooms at all.

toric

hmm, would it be fesable to move the medicine crafting to a vanilla table? even on a moderatly modded game, the workshop quickly gets crowded due to every other mod adding its own bench. just trying to think of what bench would work best for this. also, maybye a mod that lets you craft simple prosthetics at the machining table? i like EPOE, but it gets a bit mutch with the 8 or so benches, and not a huge fan of how powerful it gets later game.

skullywag

I couldnt find a bench that fit the purpose they all had reasons for not being chosen. You can easily edit the mod to achieve this though. Simply delete the bench thing and edit the recipe to be on a different bench.

Ill look into the roofing issues...not see this one before, but the new roof mechanic could need certain things to be a certain way.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Sarelth

I went back into my save game after a break and found that all the rooms that previously counted as indoors with the Extended storage shelves suddenly are outside. I hope you can track it down, it just happens I had a shelf in my freezer.. Who needs food anyways..

Also, there is another mod that adds shelf like storage units, I forget which one though. It doesn't have the roof problem, if you can find it would that help at all with the code?

qurffe

I actually havent even build a storage option anywhere and i had this problem. Had to build airlock on the entrance to my mountain base for it to count as inside even though it was all overhead mountain and such, no constructed roof anywhere.

skullywag

Its the detour I added for the stack check thats now in A14, somethings not right with it, its gonna take some serious effort to figure this out, bare with me.

Sarelth

I found the mod I mentioned, it was one of Brunalya's in https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7179.0

While it's a similar idea, I much prefer your art selection. :)

skullywag

His mod doesnt break stacksize though so wont have this issue as it doesnt have my detoured code thats needed to break stacksize, without this code no stack can go over its max stack size, this mod doesnt just add shelves, it adds storage options that allow sotring more than the max stacksize so 500 potatoes in a basket instead of 75.

The issue is that the code im detouring is used by EVERY THING in the game, hence it has to be perfect or weird stuff like this happens, I need to debug it further.

Darcclan

Hey guys I did some testing and it seems that these bugs happen when a room is built with the door last, as in you build all the walls and then add the door (as I usually do, just my habit), and the issue with rooms sharing temp space is also the same thing, if the room within a room has its door made last then it will share temp area with the room it was made in. So to avoid the bug, just save one wall piece for last

skullywag

Notify_NoZoneOverlapThingSpawned and Notify_BarrierSpawned are the 2 parts of the detour I had the worst time with, it makes sense seeing the errors that are coming in for the problem to be in these areas, it must be in here somewhere,