[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

This is basically what im doing but its NOT doing it for me, how bloomin wierd, perhaps it is the steam version....I dont use it....leave it with me.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Oragepoilu

Quote from: skullywag on August 05, 2016, 05:06:42 AM
This is basically what im doing but its NOT doing it for me, how bloomin wierd, perhaps it is the steam version....I dont use it....leave it with me.
I just downloaded the regular version of the game v1249.
Removed all the mod, added CCL1.4.1 (downloaded too), storage1.9.
In less than 2min I can reproduce the bug in a new save.

As it do not happen for you, I can guess it's related to my system somehow. Nothing you can fix, so. Don't worry about it then; I'll just stop using this mod for now. Thx for the time you spend :)

skullywag

That log you passed me has more mods than just the 2 you mentioned and they have some issues it seems...can you send me a clean log with just ccl and this mod enabled, I really do wanna find the cause, youre not the only person having this issue.

Oragepoilu

Oh, weird ... I did something wrong when adding it. Maybe it updated the file that I was trying to attach while i was posting.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

skullywag

And that error occurs when whats happening, ingame? loading a save?

Oragepoilu

Spawned WoodLog56595 with stackCount 121 but stackLimit is 75. Truncating.
Error (truncatting) happen when one of your storage try to move some wood from his second (sender) slot to his main (receiver) slot ;
However, Instead of moving the wood and end with a bigger stack of wood (>75) in the main slot, everything that is over one stack (75) is deleted and the main slot stay with 75 wood while the second slot is empty.

viperwasp

Quote from: Oragepoilu on August 05, 2016, 05:37:49 AM
Spawned WoodLog56595 with stackCount 121 but stackLimit is 75. Truncating.
Error (truncatting) happen when one of your storage try to move some wood from his second (sender) slot to his main (receiver) slot ;
However, Instead of moving the wood and end with a bigger stack of wood (>75) in the main slot, everything that is over one stack (75) is deleted and the main slot stay with 75 wood while the second slot is empty.

Sounds like the error I was getting however I don't think I am using the most recent version anymore but I am getting that error. I am not posting this expecting Skullywag to assist me as I am pretty sure I have outdated stuff now since I am in the middle of a current colony. But I am asking you a question Oragepoilu because I find that if you do have the same error as me it's not happening 100% of the time. In fact it is very random. I have not been able to figure out the pattern to always cause the error but it can happen multiple times a minute or once every 30 mins of game play.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Oragepoilu

@viper

I'd say it's not completely random. There is some part I'm almost sure of, like the fact that it happen only when you do not have more than one stack on the main (receiver) slot of a storage. Because of this, I still use it to store my stones as I have way too much of them.

But when it happen, yeah, i can't pin point why it happen. The number of stuff hauled, condition of material, type of material, and other thing like this doesn't sound like the main culprit, as the bug occur even when no pawn is involved. I though for a moment that it might come from the computer itself (processing, memory usage/allocation, software) because of the somewhat recent last rimworld patch, but I'm just a random guy with no knowledge about it.

viperwasp

@Oragepoilu
Figured it was not a real random but it does feel random. I feel it's pointless for me to continue to post right now since my extended storage AND CCL are both not current I don't think. I am going to run a full test with most recent Mod and CCL so my results are actually relevant. I should have the results up within 24 hours as I can't quite do this right away. I will post the log file and whatever else Skullywag needs.

Edit- I am still getting same error only using latest CCL+Vanilla Tweaks+Extended 1.9 in that order. Log File uploaded. Skullywag let me know if you need anything else. And if you can't fix this or need a rest don't worry I understand.

Edit2 - It seems you just posted at almost the exact time I updated my message. Okay I don't know what you mean by spawnsetup but I understand what you mean by detour not working. Good Luck!

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

skullywag

ive actually found the problem, the game is still calling the vanilla spawnsetup in certain situations. Im nt even sure where to begin with this one....gonna have to consult some people as the detour is plainly not working..bare with me.

Jalordon

Reclaim fabric's latest version (1.4) is making stockpile's apparel setting never fully disable.

Try making a stockpile and 'clear all' or click on apparel to try to disable it. It will have the partially disabled half circle symbol instead of the disabled x.

The issue this causes is that you can't enable apparel without either having to do allow all or having to manually enable all apparel desired in the stockpile.

CCL + CCL vanilla tweaks 14.1 used alongside to make sure not a mod conflict.

skullywag

Ok try 1.5, my bad, i thought that code wouldnt effect anything but it did.

skullywag

Everyone youre going to have to bare with me, A14 rek'ed extended storage it simply doesnt work in A14 currently and the detour required to fix this isnt your typical detour, I and others are struggling to make it work.

OverlordZeni

Take your time. :>  I've been using it as-is, I thought the storage limit was simply 600 + 75, haha, still plenty useful!  Sucks that it deletes what gets deposited that exceeds that 75 though.

It's funny, when I first saw your mods, I thought to myself "nah, I don't need that, that's a little overpowered," and here I am a week later with all of your mods installed, very satisfied with the balance!  I especially love the power cells mod, it has made me actually eager to have a poison ship land directly on my healroot crops for the 2345743th time.

I like the Dermal Regenerator and I saw you had asked for feed back on it.  It has probably been suggested already, but what if it gave you some sort of illness for a short while that just hinders the pawn a little?  Like cryosickness that Crashlanded pawns start with, you could literally just relabel that same sickness, make it last a few days and voila.  I'd appreciate such a change, but it really isn't necessary, scars are an odd mechanic in the first place and completing a high end research to counter them is fine enough.

Thank you for all your hard work!