[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oragepoilu

Not problem. I understand that some stuff aren't easy to do

I'll just have to make a massive storage area like before :3 (Now if only pawn would do better stack in a stockpile instead of spreading same stuff all over the place ...)

skullywag

Quote from: OverlordZeni on August 06, 2016, 06:30:44 AM
I like the Dermal Regenerator and I saw you had asked for feed back on it.  It has probably been suggested already, but what if it gave you some sort of illness for a short while that just hinders the pawn a little?  Like cryosickness that Crashlanded pawns start with, you could literally just relabel that same sickness, make it last a few days and voila.  I'd appreciate such a change, but it really isn't necessary, scars are an odd mechanic in the first place and completing a high end research to counter them is fine enough.

Thank you for all your hard work!

It does do that, doesnt it?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Oragepoilu

It does for me at last. My pawn are sort of dazed, and slowed down for a while; but I don't remember the name of the heal condition.

Xfortran

I'm also noticing (maybe it was always this way) that if I have a food basket placed on top of a storage area, the raw food is getting counted twice for the colony inventory.

Oragepoilu

how can you even do that ? If I have a basket, I cannot have a storage area on the same spot.

Serenity

I found that if you place a container in a storage zone and then move or remove it, the zone is automatically gone.

Fisty

Yes, the dermal regenerator gives a sickness after use for a little while.  I like it, very nice addition.

miguellima

When you do manage to update to a14, can i ask that the food baskets be allowed to storm pemmican like the rest of raw food. It's not a tray with food, so it wouldn't fit in the food tray object.

Currently I can either put 75 on each cell on the floor or 75 plus 150 on the food tray instead of 75 plus 500 on the food baskets :(

I will try to edit this myself until then.

EDIT: Adding the Pemmican to the basket's allowed items was easier than i though :P

Xfortran

Quote from: Oragepoilu on August 06, 2016, 12:05:07 PM
how can you even do that ? If I have a basket, I cannot have a storage area on the same spot.

You could in v1.8.   I just noticed there was an update and re-checked it out;  Problem is solved in v1.9.

Serenity

The medicine table isn't behaving the same way as other workbenches. Because it doesn't use CCL it always draws power. Even when not used - which is most of the time.

There also isn't a toggle to turn it off. Not sure where that comes from.

sefin_88

@Serenity (I'm sure skullywag knows how to do this)  ;)

It is possible to update this.  It involves editing the xml file in the Community Core Library - Vanilla Tweaks\Defs\ModHelperDefs folder.  The Attached image is the way it should look.  If you dont know how to/want to edit it yourself you can DL it from my dropbox link

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/khhcm6fesu4ux2n/AADTjlA-3V5yVukiXB_Ol-2oa?dl=0

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

sefin_88

While changing the script in CCL will do what you wanted.  You really dont want to mess with the CCL files.  Instead you should create an additional "ModHelperDef" that mirrors what the vanilla tweak def does and place this one inside the extended storage def folders. 

This way CCL isn't dependent on extended storage. 
Extended storage would be dependent on CCL.

Hope that was easy enough to understand.  If you need any help just PM me.

Havan_IronOak

This guy's tutorial on maximizing cooking speed showed me a way that stools are faster to use in cooking than the Freezer contained in this mod.
https://youtu.be/tNgseXjUbyo

If figured that it was an issue of their height but couldn't find the right parameter in the xml to tweak.  I ended up deconstructing the Freezer from this mod that was sitting right next to my stove and replacing it with 2 simple wooden stools.

Can someone point me to what I'd have to change to make the freezer work as seamlessly as the stools do?

skullywag

Quote from: Havan_IronOak on August 09, 2016, 03:13:48 AM
This guy's tutorial on maximizing cooking speed showed me a way that stools are faster to use in cooking than the Freezer contained in this mod.
https://youtu.be/tNgseXjUbyo

If figured that it was an issue of their height but couldn't find the right parameter in the xml to tweak.  I ended up deconstructing the Freezer from this mod that was sitting right next to my stove and replacing it with 2 simple wooden stools.

Can someone point me to what I'd have to change to make the freezer work as seamlessly as the stools do?

Stools? freezers? im sorry none of this makes any sense...
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?