[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

ill double check my end, as i said ive done very little playtesting, it could be it broke in one of the minor alpha updates since i played it last.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Oragepoilu

Quote from: skullywag on August 12, 2016, 03:39:42 PM
ill double check my end, as i said ive done very little playtesting, it could be it broke in one of the minor alpha updates since i played it last.

It's nothing major anyway, it can wait. Just wanted to make it clear there is a problem :)
I would have changed it myself and send back if it was something doable for me.

Exende

For the record, the Path Light has been working for any condition with no power in A13 as well

Serenity

Ah, I misunderstood. I thought the path lamp was some sort indoor analogue to the standing lamp

skullywag

OK updated lighting to 1.9, vanilla comp glower has bug in it, switched to CCL added compglower that does actually work. Now it should behave itself. Also fixed flickable.

SpaceDorf

I have a question about the extended storage mod.

How is the Weapons/Apparel Locker Supposed to work ?
It does seem to be identical to the Vanilla Storage ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Exende

pretty sure it is identical, stats may be different, but it doesn't let you stack a bajillion weapons/apparels on top of them

edit: after cross referencing both, the Locker is more beautiful than the vanilla rack.

SpaceDorf

Thanks.
Thats at least one useful ability and now I don't feel stupid anymore for not using it right :)

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Serenity

Each of the lockers lets you only stack one item type. So you can't put an assault and a sniper rifle in one.

But I like them for the looks. And there are weapons types of which you might have multiple spares.

Fisty

Re: Path lights..

They're using charge now, they take until about 11:00 to charge to 100%, they go on at 18:00 and run out of charge at 23:00.  Is only 5 hours of light from them intentional?

skullywag

hmmm they should have enough charge to last all night...ill take a look, some tick stuff may have changed.

mordan

Hey @Skullywag, thanks for the great mods!

Quick question, searched a bit with not much success, does extended storage stack "any" items to higher values or just vanilla items it recognises? To be more precise, let's say I got the mod Vegetable Gardens installed, which adds more vegetables and also alters some of the vanilla stuff, I noticed that in the baskets the max value went to the vanilla default of 75.

Thanks in advance for all the help, and sorry if this is a silly question :P

CannibarRechter

I have new stackable items in my mod, and his storage stacks them just fine. But there is an undocumented feature of this mod. You need to store only ONE resource type per storage container for it to work properly. It totally makes sense that it works that way, if you know how rimworld works internally, but a lot of people don't know that. He should really put that up on the front page.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

mordan

Quote from: CannibarRechter on August 15, 2016, 08:39:15 AM
I have new stackable items in my mod, and his storage stacks them just fine. But there is an undocumented feature of this mod. You need to store only ONE resource type per storage container for it to work properly. It totally makes sense that it works that way, if you know how rimworld works internally, but a lot of people don't know that. He should really put that up on the front page.

Thank you for the quick reply!

So for example, if I limit each basket to a single resource it should be fine, if I understood what you wrote correctly... Right? :P

CannibarRechter

> So for example, if I limit each basket to a single resource it should be fine, if I understood what you wrote correctly... Right?

Yes. Notice how all the baskets are always two cells? The mod uses one cell as a landing zone, the other to suck up the dropped items. It only works for stackables. So for example, you can't hold multiple guns of the same type in the locker, as far as I can tell.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects