[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mordan

Quote from: CannibarRechter on August 15, 2016, 09:20:36 AM
> So for example, if I limit each basket to a single resource it should be fine, if I understood what you wrote correctly... Right?

Yes. Notice how all the baskets are always two cells? The mod uses one cell as a landing zone, the other to suck up the dropped items. It only works for stackables. So for example, you can't hold multiple guns of the same type in the locker, as far as I can tell.

Nice, so by ONE resource I'm guessing you mean let's say just RICE and not the whole vegetables tab, and the same goes for meats etc? A, lot of micromanagement but for the sake of saving space I think it's worth it ;)

Thanks again for your help :D (high_five)

PS: One last thing, does the material matter? A wooden basket compared to a steel or plasteel basket has less capacity? Or is it the same?

CannibarRechter

> Nice, so by ONE resource I'm guessing you mean let's say just RICE and not the whole vegetables tab, and the same goes for meats etc?

Yes.

> One last thing, does the material matter? A wooden basket compared to a steel or plasteel basket has less capacity? Or is it the same?

This has no effect on capacity, but materials do matter in terms of durability, flammability, and beauty, as per the normal use of material. I make most of mine out of wood (not the default), because it's cheap.

[/quote]
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

mordan

Quote from: CannibarRechter on August 15, 2016, 09:56:10 AM
> Nice, so by ONE resource I'm guessing you mean let's say just RICE and not the whole vegetables tab, and the same goes for meats etc?

Yes.

> One last thing, does the material matter? A wooden basket compared to a steel or plasteel basket has less capacity? Or is it the same?

This has no effect on capacity, but materials do matter in terms of durability, flammability, and beauty, as per the normal use of material. I make most of mine out of wood (not the default), because it's cheap.

[/quote]

Thanks! You're the best :D

Absle

I'm not sure if this is just me, or maybe it's already been reported, but rice doesn't seem to stack properly in the food baskets. I haven't exactly been rigorous about this, but potatoes and corn seem to work just fine, but I've never seen rice above a 75 stack.

I was coincidentally playing in developer mode when one of my pawns attempted to place more than 75 rice into the container and I had an error message pop up in the devlog that said something along the lines of "error, rice stack larger than maximum stack, resetting back to maximum". Nothing crashed and the pawn went on as normal, but the rice he was carrying disappeared and the stack obviously only had 75 in it when he was done.

CannibarRechter

Absle, review the last several posts. Are you confining your baskets to ONE material type?

Absle

Quote from: CannibarRechter on August 15, 2016, 02:36:36 PM
Absle, review the last several posts. Are you confining your baskets to ONE material type?

Ah, I see. My bad, thanks a bunch!

InfiniteRemnant

Quote from: Absle on August 15, 2016, 01:58:52 PM"error, rice stack larger than maximum stack, resetting back to maximum". Nothing crashed and the pawn went on as normal, but the rice he was carrying disappeared and the stack obviously only had 75 in it when he was done.

Oh gods, please tell me that stupid truncation error isn't back again... they just spent what feels like a month debugging that.

SpaceDorf

Skullywag, If you are still fighting with the storage mod,
I would like to request, that it should be possible to put beer in the freezer chest.

I just had a heatwave where my coolers seems to work backward again and made the freezer the hottest room in the colony. Only your freezer chest saved my food :)

But for my Colonists having to drink warm beer. That is just barbaric.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

CannibarRechter

That's an easy mod to make. I'm not at home right now, but it's just a few extra lines to the freezer. I'd post it if I were home. Maybe later...

skullywag

yeah just look at the xml and add the thingCategories you want to the buildings you want, you should be able to work out the pattern, the food basket has categories and idividual items (herbal meds) used.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SpaceDorf

Thanks, I will do that, since I am allready reading different mods, to get into the mood of doing something for myself.

But still read it as a feature request for upcoming versions :)

--- EDIT ---

Which C# Editor would you recommend ?

CannibarRechter

Well, as a general feature request, I wonder if I'm the only one who never wants any of the storage cabinets to default to holding anything? Except maybe the medicine cabinet, as there are so few choices there.

kaptain_kavern

I've done this in As Simple As Rack,
but as some have already pointed and requested, mine aren't allowing more than vanilla amount (speaking about stacksize) but my thinking was storage should allow all and let the player manage is settings. (So they allow the root category)

Speaking of this, Skullywag, if i want to permit bigger stacksize (I'm not that sure yet), is that as simple as using your .dll (from here) and changing the class used in xml files? (and first, will you be ok with that?)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: CannibarRechter on August 18, 2016, 10:33:18 AM
Well, as a general feature request, I wonder if I'm the only one who never wants any of the storage cabinets to default to holding anything? Except maybe the medicine cabinet, as there are so few choices there.

There are a lot of negations in there, I am not sure where you end.
Do you want nothing selected as a preset or everything ?

I would prefer nothing, because then my pawns would not try to fill the container with crap before I set up what I want in it.

Thanks for your suggestions, the changes where actually so simple, that I tried to create a small fridge.
Sadly it failed because of the need for two tiles because of your furniture class.

CannibarRechter

> Do you want nothing selected as a preset or everything ?

Yes. That's what I was saying.

Regarding the fridge, you always have to select one and only one resource type for this mod to work. That's another reason why it should default to nothing, as it is practically guaranteed to malfunction, defaulting to more than one thing.