[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

I know, but i do things in bulk. I dont like only having half my mods out there. I want it all out of my brain so i can do other stuff....im weird...shush
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

joaonunes

Quote from: Bludragon on December 20, 2016, 06:58:38 PM
just wondering:
Will the non CCL ones work if I changed the target?

It depends... For example "Extended Storage" required me to literally remove the connections with any kind of programming to have only the storage options, otherwise I'd have to update the code.
My tip to you is to open the mod's folder and see if there is an "assemblies" folder inside of it.
If Yes: You will almost certainly need to change the code to make it work in A16;
If Not: Try the mod and see which/if any errors appear in the console regarding missing/wrong tags and fix them accordingly. You can also look at the "Core" files in some cases to check for the correct and updated tags to use.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

RickyMartini

skullywag

skullywag

Little test release, check it over tell me if theres anything not working right or any items not covered that should be. The arts a bit all over the shop but ive got some help on that regard so expect improvements. Enjoy. No other mods required, totally self sustaining now.

https://www.mediafire.com/?84afaqm6u32kfmc

DariusWolfe

Since you're doing update confirmations... I assume Lights, Vents and Coolers are all waiting on CCL?

What about the Surgery mod?

skullywag

nothings waiting on anything, i just dont have a lot of time at the moment, so im leaking stuff out bit by bit.

Entw1ne

Quote from: skullywag on January 09, 2017, 03:44:57 PM
nothings waiting on anything, i just dont have a lot of time at the moment, so im leaking stuff out bit by bit.

Yeah, I've never done any serious, in-depth modding before in my life, just small things here and there and even that was tedious when I was thin on time. This may not mean much, but I appreciate all you're doing and have done to better our experience at the cost of your own effort and time. Even if you end up deciding to hang it up and not continue, I completely understand.

That's all, just wanted to express my gratitude and say thank you amongst the sea of "when is x going to be updated? when are you going to update y?" Take care, and I wish you well in your personal life :)

skullywag

Thanks, my stuff will be released (probably very soon actually) and it always (within reason) will be. Ive not fallen out of love in modding this game and as far as I care I will continue to do so for a loooooong time. Just for anyone who doesnt know i have full time job and a family with small children (1 and 3) and they take up a lot of my time and its time I wouldnt give up for anything, especially not impatient people on the internet moaning cuz they cant play with one of my mods.

Also even though I work full time i spend a lot of time on the modding discords and on here helping out other modders with my knowledge of modding this game for 2 years now (just dont tell my boss), so even though you arent seeing a lot out of me, you are seeing a lot out of others due to help im giving (others there obviously help out as well, some a lot more than me).

I also work on a lot of other mods none of you have even seen yet, due to the amount of mods I have, I have to be strategic with my time, I purposefully skip releasing my mods for an alpha sometimes (my mods are always updated on day 1 or 2 of an alpha in any case) simply so I dont have to support them for that alpha and can work on some of the other newer projects I have running. If i stuck to the 2 or 3 core mods people use of mine you would have half of those mods available today as I wouldnt have used my time to make them in the 1st place.

As an example due to me not releasing my mods to A15, I have a almost working droid mod (it works it just doesnt have all the features i want just yet) that im hoping to get a release out for soon, I have also updated my REALLY old purple ivy mod to A16 and am adding more stuff to it, I also have a trader mod where ships actually land on the planet with a ship, plus a few more that im keeping close to my chest.

So yeah ive waffled a lot but I hope people can see now that im not withholding my mods to be awkward, there is method in my madness.

Fisty

oooo.. the purple ivy sounds like fun!

(and as one of the receivers of your help on Discord - thank you <3 )

skullywag

Almost all these done, got some quirks and new stuff to test on some of them but most are done.

Madman666

Holy crap, storage mod online! Prepare all hands for Hoarding Madness! Thanks, man. I really appreciate it, that you still find the time to update it) I didn't want to just increase stack size and now I can have my crates and shelves again! I missed that soo much.

pktongrimworld