[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruisuki

synleather and synwool?  those are new items arent they? yeah im just looking for a way to combine all leftover leathers into patchworks so my place isnt littered by trashstacks

Man_Jones

Canute

Because you didn't fix it ! :-)
Skully is reallife busy and won't do it until next release.
Try to use Rimfridge mod instead.

cucumpear

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 26, 2017, 11:44:25 AM
synleather and synwool?  those are new items arent they? yeah im just looking for a way to combine all leftover leathers into patchworks so my place isnt littered by trashstacks

That's exactly what my synthleather and wool are for, you craft them using leather and textiles. :P
Because the storyteller I'm playing is a bit silly.
This person might poke around in Def folders more than is healthy.
https://github.com/cucumpear

skullywag

Sorry yeah if anyone wants to know why im kind of non existent right now, its a case of 2 things colliding, im currently seeling 2 houses and buying 1 (upsizing and moving to better schooling area for the kids before they start primary school) and also with A17 being pushed back there is no point me working on my A16 mod stuff more, that release is gonna change a lot for modding so id rather wait for it instead of having to rewrite most of my mods (I wont go into details but there is change coming that is good for modding but it means doing some things slightly differently, nothing to worry about).
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Ruisuki

is this a change tynan is implementing to make modding easier or something you are coming up with for your mods? a framework?

skullywag

Change Tynans made, youll find out soon enough, its your typical "make life a little easier for modders" type deal. Very nice to have. It just means changing up how we do certain things a little.

Lupin III

When using extended storage items I get a lot of the following error message:
shouldnt be here
Verse.Log:Error(String)
ExtendedStorage.Building_ExtendedStorage:TryMoveItem()
ExtendedStorage.Building_ExtendedStorage:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Everything still seems to work (pawns drop and pickup items), but still weird.

skullywag

Some debug i left in by the looks of it, ill track it down and remove it. Thanks.

Canute

After finaly useing the extended storage after they got upgraded i want mention another idea.
I notice pawn will haul to the closest stockpile/storage that is logical.
But when you got a storage room, it ended that at each edge is a skip with the same material.
My idea are the the same script that prevent that pawn drop other stuff then the 1. on the storage should increase the priority of the storage too. And when the last was took out, the priority should be set back to default.

skullywag

Canute

Ok, example.
4 skips are build, they have the priority if "important" and all resources are allowed, thats the default setting after they are build.

Currently, it can happen that a pawn haul 75 wood to the 1. skip, another pawn haul 75 wood to the 2. skip .... and all 4 skips got just 75 wood at the end.

Idea are. After the 1. pawn drop 75 wood drop at the 1. skip, the priority of the skip changed from "important" to "critical". Now these skip is more important the pawns will drop the wood on the 1. skip instead at the other skips. Maybe it can happen that a 2. skip got wood too, because the 1. skip got "locked" temporary from hauling.
At this way just 1 (or maybe 2) skips get filled up with wood, not all 4.

When the last item got took out, the priority of the skip will be set back to important.

Lupin III

That's a bad idea. As soon as you increase the priority they will start carrying stuff from other stockpiles all over the map with now lower priority to this one. That's not something you want (if you wanted it, you would have set the priority higher in the first place).
The problem you have is just one of bad stockpile management. If you only have somuch stuff that it fits on one skip, allow that stuff only there. If you have more than fits on a single skip, what's the problem with starting to fill all of them up right away?

Lupin III

skullywag, how complicated would it be to change the storage objects to use the storage setting of a stockpile beneath them instead of setting it in the object? "RT Quantum storage" does that for example. You can build those quantum stockpiles on a stockpile without it removing the stockpile area and it just uses the stockpile setting for whatever it should store.