[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Just as a quick update as to what im doing, ive put this around the place but thought it best to re-iterate due to A17 releasing and this being my most visited thread it seems.

Im currently in the process of selling 2 of my properties and buying another for my family to move into, this is a major undertaking and is eating away at any free time i have, im juggling solicitors, estate agents, painters and decorators, plumbers, electricians, carpeters, movers etc, all while trying to spend some time with my 2 (under 3 years old) children and my partner. Its all coming to a close hopefully in the next few weeks and I can begin the actual physical moving process. I cant give actual times simply due to this type of thing being completely open ended. I would hope this would all be done by the end of June though. (I think ill be a quivering wreck if it isnt....)

What I can say is this, if ANYONE knows how to use git and is willing to put the work in to update any of my mods before I get to them, I would be more than willing to accept the help. Submit a Pull Request to the relevant github repo and ill take a look.

So yeah I havent gone anywhere, im still modding, just IRL is blitzing me right now. I will get to all this when I can but will accept help in the meantime through the proper channels. :)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

kaptain_kavern

I will look into it, see if there is some basic stuff i can update for ya.

:c  There are assemblies files in each and every one of your mods it seems. I wish I can help more but I can't do any C# voodoo

Wait, Better Vent and Better Cooling are just "cosmetic" mods ? why do they need Assemblies files?

If they are just cosmetic ones, I can do the update easily, but i'm pretty sure I'm missing something there ^^

skullywag

They use placeworkers in c# to place the buildings ON walls as opposed to vanillas INSTEAD of walls. Just update the xml if thats all you can, every little helps. ;)

SpaceDorf

Quote from: skullywag on May 30, 2017, 07:50:09 AM
Just as a quick update as to what im doing, ive put this around the place but thought it best to re-iterate due to A17 releasing and this being my most visited thread it seems.

Im currently in the process of selling 2 of my properties and buying another for my family to move into, this is a major undertaking and is eating away at any free time i have, im juggling solicitors, estate agents, painters and decorators, plumbers, electricians, carpeters, movers etc, all while trying to spend some time with my 2 (under 3 years old) children and my partner. Its all coming to a close hopefully in the next few weeks and I can begin the actual physical moving process. I cant give actual times simply due to this type of thing being completely open ended. I would hope this would all be done by the end of June though. (I think ill be a quivering wreck if it isnt....)

What I can say is this, if ANYONE knows how to use git and is willing to put the work in to update any of my mods before I get to them, I would be more than willing to accept the help. Submit a Pull Request to the relevant github repo and ill take a look.

So yeah I havent gone anywhere, im still modding, just IRL is blitzing me right now. I will get to all this when I can but will accept help in the meantime through the proper channels. :)

Thanks for Sharing .. been there done that .. I think with this kind of preoccupation the love you are giving this community is still amazing.
I wish you the best of luck.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

SyberSmoke

Good luck to you on all your current issues.  I hope that the storage mod gets revised soon...I miss it so.

BobbyTom

Very new to Rimworld and Pc gaming in general but I'd really love it if you worked on extended storage first makes things look a lot better and I'd prefer it over stack xxl for immersion purposes :3 also the rest of your mods are some of the best I've seen for improving vanilla if only they were A17 compatible :'(

Good luck with your family stuff btw  ;)

MechanoidHater

Quote from: Patrick on June 03, 2017, 09:07:50 PM
Alpha 17 Please

Dude he just wrote he can't update bc life issues. Be patient for crying out loud.

fmauNeko

Sent you a PR for Extended Storage few days ago, don't know if you noticed it, I have just a small issue remaining, but can't find out what is it. Otherwise the mod seems to work fine :)

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

skullywag

Quote from: fmauNeko on June 04, 2017, 07:25:39 PM

Sent you a PR for Extended Storage few days ago, don't know if you noticed it, I have just a small issue remaining, but can't find out what is it. Otherwise the mod seems to work fine :)

I saw it, the error you got is some debug that I also get in my A16 version, i have been meaning to track it down, its rare but it shouldnt be occurring and doesnt really effect anything, you could for now simply remove the debug from the code to stop it, but as I said I would like to know whats wrong with the logic (whether its mine for the debug or the codes).

skullywag

ok i have accepted the PR, can people grab the master branch:

https://github.com/Skullywag/ExtendedStorage

click download top right and give it a test, ignore the error in console for now it shouldnt happen too much and you can disable the console popping up on error at the top of said console window for now if it bugs you. Once im happy it works ill remove the debug for now and roll a release.

Thanks fmauNeko.

Actually this isnt working right, leave it with me, working on it.

Sixdd

ArthoriusBalen

Does anyone remember this mod?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13992.180
One of the best weapons mods ever made, and has never been updated  :(

Sixdd

Found a bug for you.
Spawned WoodOak368597 with stackCount 600 but stackLimit is 75. Truncating.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Thing:SpawnSetup_Patch1(Object, Map, Boolean)
Verse.ThingWithComps:SpawnSetup(Map, Boolean)
Verse.GenSpawn:Spawn(Thing, IntVec3, Map, Rot4, Boolean)
Verse.Map:FinalizeLoading()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__84F()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Basically I loaded a save that had a pallet of wood stacked to 600 and when the save loaded I only had 75. The Oakwood is from one of my mods but it inherits from WoodLog so it should be fine afaik.

EDIT: Just tried it with regular "wood" and same thing happened.