[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullet

Hi skullywag, In the a16 your coolers\vents and walls from mods (like reinforced and utility walls from "clutter" mod) had some problem. You could put projects of vent\cooler on this walls, but could't build them. Pawns just did not see this work. So I just wanted to know if you are aware of this issue and will it be fixed in this release? Thanks

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

bullet

Maybe it was some issue related with conflict another mods. Ok cool. I'm glad to hear it)

DariusWolfe

I'm also seeing the same issue, tho' with Smooth Stone Walls from dburgdorf.

Canute

Don't forget "smooth stone wall" are fake wall. They are just stone that don't look ugly anymore. And you can't place vent's in stone.
Using the dev. god mode override this.

DariusWolfe

That is not the case, nor is it intended to be the case, w/ dburgdorf's walls. You can place electrical conduit under them, by design.

You may be getting confused with E's version, which is now out of date since he left the Rimworld modding scene; They specifically said that they're cosmetic only, and couldn't be used to lay conduit, etc.

Additionally, your argument is absurd. It's just as possible to punch a square hole in a raw stone wall as a constructed brick one, esp. considering all colonists apparently come with mining and advanced fabrication tools straight out of the pod (or tribe). The conduit argument sort of made sense, but vents/AC don't, at all.

skullywag

For those getting truncating issues with ES due to having more than 1 building in the cell as the stack (storage building with conduit for example) ive pushed a fix to master on github. Just visit the repo and hit the download link, ill roll a release soon once its been tested a bit more.

asquirrel

I can't craft cotton with your cotton boll.   My taylors loom (from vegetable garden) requires cotton fabrics.  I can't make cotton with this mod.  Argh.  Is there a workaround?

bullet

You can try to delete from
Defs\ThingDefs\Items\Items_Resources.xml ThingDef with defName "CottonBoll"
and in the Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipes_Production.xml RecipeDef with defName like "MakeCloth"
Before making these changes, make a backup copy of your save, then delete all cotton bolls from the map and any orders in workbenches related with this
And if you made it correctly it possible will help... But if not, just reinstall mod. Or you can give up one of these mods, or wait for a patch or more best advice. Good luck

asquirrel

Wow man that was fast!  I ended up disabling the mod and started a new game without it.  But I'm not sure what I'll be missing with the extended fabrics so maybe I'll try your workaround.

bullet

Also, you can just try change mod load order. First - skullywag Fabrics, secondary - vegetable garden. Not sure, but it might be help to your cotton field provide 'cotton fabrics' instead of 'cotton boll'. Because latest loaded mod will be have priority in the conflicts. But most likely 'cotton boll' still will be Figure sometimes in the traiders\missions, etc.

Canute

Quote from: asquirrel on June 23, 2017, 11:06:56 PM
Wow man that was fast!  I ended up disabling the mod and started a new game without it.  But I'm not sure what I'll be missing with the extended fabrics so maybe I'll try your workaround.
Basicly you don't miss something. VG the same features like ext. fabrics.

skullywag

it sounds like veg garden does what my mod does plus some other stuff so yeah you wont miss anything, we just used different names. Ill think about a compat patch in the future.

skullywag

Reclaim Fabric updated. Still using detours, will update to harmony at some point.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: bullet on June 23, 2017, 09:33:55 AM
Hi skullywag, In the a16 your coolers\vents and walls from mods (like reinforced and utility walls from "clutter" mod) had some problem. You could put projects of vent\cooler on this walls, but could't build them. Pawns just did not see this work. So I just wanted to know if you are aware of this issue and will it be fixed in this release? Thanks

I ran across this issue as well, but I think it's due to use of the vents with non-vanilla walls. I tried to use it with my own modded wall as a test when that happened. Also seemed to happen with cuproPanda's  shelter walls & if I'm not mistaken, also happened with Clutter Structure walls. (can't remember, but pretty much all the custom walls I had in-game did not allow vents & cooler units to be built when placed. Just stuck in blueprint limbo until I canceled & dev moded to put them in...)

Come to think of it, I don't think vanilla vents/coolers allowed for building over custom walls either. Hmm...