[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cigar

Doesn't seem to work for me; attempting to reclaim fabric from any type of clothing yields absolutely nothing, regardless of performing crafter's skill level. And I think this might be because of Combat Extended. Any tips? Which of these two mods should I load first?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on July 24, 2017, 04:52:49 PM
Doesn't seem to work for me; attempting to reclaim fabric from any type of clothing yields absolutely nothing, regardless of performing crafter's skill level. And I think this might be because of Combat Extended. Any tips? Which of these two mods should I load first?

When in doubt : If a mod should be able to work with changes of another mod, place it below in the load order.
Because the mod which comes last in the mod list replaces the XML Changes of earlier mods, if they both change the same items and is possible able to read items the other mod added.
That is the reason why I always place the Uninstall Everything and RePower Mod Last in my List.

How much this applies to Mods that use C# Code with HugsLib and Harmony Detours I can't tell. But since the aim of both is peacefull coexistence of mods I believe they don't do that.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Sebastian Cigar

Sorry but I've already tried that, and I've just tried again. It just won't work, whether I place the Reclaim Fabric below or above CE in the mod load order.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on July 24, 2017, 06:21:45 PM
Sorry but I've already tried that, and I've just tried again. It just won't work, whether I place the Reclaim Fabric below or above CE in the mod load order.

sorry :(
I but with reclaiming clothes you are in luck, I think there are two other mods around, which enable you to do so ..
still .. skully made the best one.

skullywag

Can you show your logs please. I put some output in that nod to tell me if it loads successfully.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Dadman

Sorry, I do not know English, so I translate my text through google translator

The new mechanics of pallet work seems uncomfortable to me.

You can not copy the settings of the warehouse from one pallet to another, it's terribly unusual.
When the pallet is rearranged, or when the resources run out of it, the warehouse settings are reset. This is also not very convenient. So I often see medicinal herbs in the animal feeder, I always have to spend time to switch the pallet to the right resource, and if they have time to put something on it, then when it is removed, the settings are reset again. It turns out a vicious circle.
Can you better return the player the ability to customize the pallet to the desired resource and remove the reset of the warehouse settings? Or make an alternative version of the mod with the excellent old A16 mechanics.

Canute

QuoteYou can not copy the settings of the warehouse from one pallet to another, it's terribly unusual.
This works for me, maybe a modconflict with one of your mods.

QuoteWhen the pallet is rearranged, or when the resources run out of it, the warehouse settings are reset.
Not for me.

Try at first to move Expanded Storage near the end of the modlist and look if that help.
If this don't work, use the share logs button at the debug error window, and post the link that we can take a look at your modlist.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Linq on July 13, 2017, 12:57:35 AM
It seems like closing a vent with Better Vents results in an NRE error being thrown repeatedly.

Exception printing Vent1543026 at (139, 0, 161): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Printer_Plane.PrintPlane (Verse.SectionLayer layer, Vector3 center, Vector2 size, UnityEngine.Material mat, Single rot, Boolean flipUv, UnityEngine.Vector2[] uvs, UnityEngine.Color32[] colors, Single topVerticesAltitudeBias) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Graphic.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SectionLayer_ThingsGeneral.TakePrintFrom (Verse.Thing t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.SectionLayer_ThingsGeneral:TakePrintFrom(Thing)
Verse.SectionLayer_Things:Regenerate()
Verse.Section:RegenerateLayers(MapMeshFlag)
Verse.MapDrawer:TryUpdateSection(Section)
Verse.MapDrawer:MapMeshDrawerUpdate_First()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Just ran across this very same issue, vents will close, but they disappear & this red error pops up.

skullywag

Extended Storage has been update to "3.0 - The DoctorVanGogh edition."

As the release name suggests DoctorVanGogh has done a huge overhaul of this mod, it now no longer uses a stack merging system but instead multi stacks on top of 1 cell (still uses an input cell to move stuff), however unlike previous mods that did it this way he also overhauled the label to reflect how many items are in that cell and also the texture, so no more half stack image for something over the stack limit. This makes the code base way less unwieldly and also allows it to play nice with mods such as storage search etc. He also addressed my half finished clothing rack so that now works as well.

Thank him, i had no hand in this bar some play testing, merging the pull request and releasing.

DoctorVanGogh you can be my wingman anytime!

SpaceDorf

Does it fix the issue with different locations ?

The 2.0 version tended to explode stuff all over the place when switching to quest maps.

DoctorVanGogh

I'd like to point out that everyone should feel free to keep addressing bug-reports and feature requests to Skully.

Also.... I really am not too comfortable with the idea of me being either Tom Cruise or Val Kilmer ;)
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

Canute

QuoteDoes it fix the issue with different locations ?

The 2.0 version tended to explode stuff all over the place when switching to quest maps.

Hmm i never got this issue you descripe and i allways used the latest version.
Or did you mention just the clothing racks ? I didn't used them because of the D-remove bug.

But there is still a problem with the storage priority.
At example i got 3 pallets with wood, when i now increase the priority of one to critical the hauler should fill up these pallet.
But they don't do it.
I created a stockpile before the pallets, allow wood and critical.
Now even the wood from the critical set pallet get hauled to the stockpile.

skullywag

skullywag

Priority bug has been found and will be squashed soon, Docs all over it.

Mufflamingo

Quote from: Canute on August 01, 2017, 07:05:16 AM
QuoteBut there is still a problem with the storage priority.
At example i got 3 pallets with wood, when i now increase the priority of one to critical the hauler should fill up these pallet.
But they don't do it.
I created a stockpile before the pallets, allow wood and critical.
Now even the wood from the critical set pallet get hauled to the stockpile.

Happens to me too at the 2.1~ish version
Bleeeee. . . . .