[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Yes he does. Sorry i thought i explained that. This is what stops the truncating of stacks as we dont actually combine stacks anymore. Ill speak to him about the bug youve both reported.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

DoctorVanGogh

I resent the implication that Extended Storage would eat resources. That would just be plain devious... (Hmm, maybe a storyteller incident to think about.... "Mimic pallets" or something.....) ::)

What actually does happen is a drawing issue. The stack on the input cell is there, it's just not drawn. You can check this yourselves by hovering with the mouse over the cell. There'll be a 'somethingsomething x [stacksize]' line in the bottom left. Also the stack is selectable, it's icon is just invisible.

That is the intended behavior for the output cell. Because there we suppress the individual stack icons and draw our own aggregate icon & label. (And yeah, that's why the sigma is in there).
Some optimization for the drawing code snuck this in for the input cell as well.... It'll get fixed. So while this might be somewhat jarring, your resources are perfectly safe (that is until I can get the mimic furniture to work.... somehow I really like that idea now :P).

Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

skullywag

oh thats not thaaaat baaaad. You guys.....making me think youre losing resources when youre not....pffff

Canute

I am not sure about it.
The food basket got allready got an amout of 500, and my hauler put 3 times more at the input. I am not sure how much total but i think it was more then 75.

Also notice the summ amount not allways accurate. I got 53 herbal in the medical cabinet (shown when i clicked at the stack) but the summe show me 50.

Maybe another issue with ratys skylights. It maybe can prevent the drawing. On a skip i got at both tiles 75 steel ore (no sigma sign), normaly they get merged and it works at the neightboors skips. But this skip got a skylight over the input tile.

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: Canute on August 22, 2017, 06:06:26 AM
I am not sure about it.
The food basket got allready got an amout of 500, and my hauler put 3 times more at the input. I am not sure how much total but i think it was more then 75.
Unless you cook in batches of over 25 each I doubt that. Simple thing to verify: does he keep putting more stuff in there, or does he stop once it's full?

Quote from: Canute on August 22, 2017, 06:06:26 AM
Also notice the summ amount not allways accurate. I got 53 herbal in the medical cabinet (shown when i clicked at the stack) but the summe show me 50.

Maybe another issue with ratys skylights. It maybe can prevent the drawing. On a skip i got at both tiles 75 steel ore (no sigma sign), normaly they get merged and it works at the neightboors skips. But this skip got a skylight over the input tile.
Do those issues occur with 3.0.1? Or with 3.0? Because 3.0.1 had fixes for those things. Both hanging aggregate counts & non merged stacks.
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

skullywag

Canute can you update to 3.0.1 and check all that again. The only issue you should have is invisible stacks on the input cell.

Canute

Ok, done.
The invisble input is annoying, but you right stuff is there and stop filling at the full stack. The invisible stack wouldn't be that worse if you could count both tiles into the summe.

Skylight problem is solved.

Priority problem is solved.
And since these problem is solved, what do you think about my old idea, to increase the priority once something get droped on the storage, and lower it when the last item get removed.
This force the hauler to haul to partial filled container first.

Lupin III

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on August 22, 2017, 04:15:17 AM
What actually does happen is a drawing issue. The stack on the input cell is there, it's just not drawn. You can check this yourselves by hovering with the mouse over the cell. There'll be a 'somethingsomething x [stacksize]' line in the bottom left. Also the stack is selectable, it's icon is just invisible.
Ah, you are right. When loading with 3.0 the stacks were there again. It was just weird because I had dogs deliver stuff to the same input cell and it never seemed to stop/get full. Maybe the stacks they were carrying were just to small to fill up the input cell in the time I was watching resources disappear in horror. Unfortunately we will never find out, because the Labradors have since been turned into meals on the suspicion of embezzlement. :o

Another feature idea: would it be possible to "link" multiple storage items if you build them side by side, so distribute whatever is put into them beween themselves? Similar to what quantum storage (a mod I really like, but currently is not working with A17; and the "quantum" part always felt out of place, I much prefer your realistic solution) does with the warehouse upgrade (it distribute anything that's put into the stockpile between it's storage tiles).

skullywag

That sounds similar to what canutes asked for, if you for example set 3 or 4 baskets to potatoes, you can either leave them as they are currently and your pawns would fill them up randomly, you could "link" them as you stated and it would distribute evenly across the "linked" baskets, or canutes way would be to up the priority of the basket thats hit 1st so it is filled 1st then lower it once its full.

The issue with canutes way is that it simply requires more hiding of settings in the background and is complicated. If we simply mess with the priority the player can see then the items would just keep flipping between baskets as they fill/empty.

Your "link" way is plausible and the code that would be involved isnt majorly difficult to write but all you get out of it is slightly tidier baskets...the end result is the same as the "normal" way in that you will end up with all of them full given enough items, so whats the value?

Canute

The linked storages is good when you got mass of one item.
But bad if you got many different items.
Special at textiles and food, you got so many different things, that it happen that some meat at 2-3 storages block the mass of thrumbo meat.
But since the priority works now, you can adjust it manualy at last now.

Any storages system got his strenght and weakness. Quantum storages was very dynamic but need alot of energy and research.
While extended storage is pretty cheap, can store alot at early game.
Just the mass of different items special when you salvage apparel is the bottleneck. Do you remember i wanted a big fabric hemper that can hold all kind of textiles at once, a 10x4 box ! :-)

Lupin III

Quote from: skullywag on August 22, 2017, 08:45:04 AM
Your "link" way is plausible and the code that would be involved isnt majorly difficult to write but all you get out of it is slightly tidier baskets...the end result is the same as the "normal" way in that you will end up with all of them full given enough items, so whats the value?
I don't care so much about tidy baskets and full stacks (not OCD ;) ), I'd like to use it with industrial rollers for example. They usually automatically distribute stuff within the stockpile they are connected to so the tile where resources are delivered to doesn't fill up. Usually you set up the roller so you have a small stockpile on the rollers near your farm for example. The roller deliver the resources from there to a same priority stockpile in your freezer. The problem is with this setup I can't use storage objects. I would have to set the priority of them higher than the delivery stockpile so pawns move stacks to the storage objects. But in that case they start to directly carry stacks from the farm to them ignoring the stockpile on the rollers near the farm, obviuously.

Instead of linking you could make the storage objects placeable on stockpiles and whenever something lands on an input tile it gets stacked. That way the storage objects would be almost identical to a normal stockpile except for the additional capacity. I do understand though that this will clash with the current way that objects can only store stacks of certain types (which is something I really like).

And I agree, messing with priorities might be too much. It could break other setups (like the one described for industrial rollers for example).

Lupin III

Quote from: Canute on August 22, 2017, 09:19:21 AM
The linked storages is good when you got mass of one item.
But bad if you got many different items.
If it's "intelligent", it would stack new small stacks to existnig ones on one of the storage objects. Also, since storage objects are "normal" stack based now (which is a good change), those objects could just store stacks of different things (like rice+potatoes+berries) on the output tile.

Quote from: Canute on August 22, 2017, 09:19:21 AM
Just the mass of different items special when you salvage apparel is the bottleneck. Do you remember i wanted a big fabric hemper that can hold all kind of textiles at once, a 10x4 box ! :-)
Yep, I'd really like a textile and ammo shelf, which can store different types on the same shelf (but leads to the same stacking problem as above). Those resources are really cluttering the whole workshop floor and the large area of open ammunition already sent someone into a coma, because my pyromaniac ignited a stack of ammo and the unlucky guy who was just in the area got shot in the neck by exploding bullets (other casulties: a trader and his muffalo; the faction didn't like that at all).

Mufflamingo

Cant copy paste settings from food baskets to another food basket.
Bleeeee. . . . .

skullywag

DoctorVanGogh is working on compifying everything so soon you can add comps for storage to whatever you want, this might mean you could add the roller comp to a stroage comped building and have them work together however im not sure how all that works, it could need adjustment at the other end. Im not sure the actual request youve made will be satisfied as is though.

skullywag