[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mufflamingo

Noticed it on 3.0 but I never submitted report.

Tried on 3.1 same thing.

Also I can copy from normal stockpule zone then paste on the food basket but I cannot "copy" from the food basket. Idk why.
Bleeeee. . . . .

skullywag

Docs calling you a liar! :P

He can copy settings from storage to any storage, dont think he touched any code in that respect either, thats all core.

"possibly god mode on, possibly switched to store display... possibly nothing in there yet, which means store settings are not yet updated"
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Mufflamingo

Mygad then why cant i copy my settings. Im manually clicking clear all then check fresh then check one type of food. Lol. Must be a mod conflift. I'll try it with with extended storage only.
Bleeeee. . . . .

Canute

Must be a mod conflict, copying the settings works fine at my end.

skullywag

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: skullywag on August 22, 2017, 11:59:54 AM
Storage search?

If it does turn out to be Storage Search, perhaps try using an older version. Was just going over a conflict between the new version of Storage Search (Rimworld Search Agency) and Zhentar's Tweaks that was mostly fixed by reverting to an older version of Storage Search from Killface's github.

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 22, 2017, 12:02:36 PM
If it does turn out to be Storage Search, perhaps try using an older version. Was just going over a conflict between the new version of Storage Search (Rimworld Search Agency) and Zhentar's Tweaks that was mostly fixed by reverting to an older version of Storage Search from Killface's github.
As the guy who also did the changes to RSA I can tell you: That way lies madness.  8)

The current versions of Storage Search and Extended Storage have been carefully separated and freed of any conflicts. Take a previous version and all bets are off (well, actually I can flat out tell you, things won't work or will show gibberish).

Still I'll take a hint at what exactly is supposed to conflict where.... Seen the issue, made things play nice(ish).

Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

skullywag

shadowstitch

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on July 29, 2017, 10:32:10 AM
Quote from: Linq on July 13, 2017, 12:57:35 AM
It seems like closing a vent with Better Vents results in an NRE error being thrown repeatedly.

Exception printing Vent1543026 at (139, 0, 161): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Printer_Plane.PrintPlane (Verse.SectionLayer layer, Vector3 center, Vector2 size, UnityEngine.Material mat, Single rot, Boolean flipUv, UnityEngine.Vector2[] uvs, UnityEngine.Color32[] colors, Single topVerticesAltitudeBias) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Graphic.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SectionLayer_ThingsGeneral.TakePrintFrom (Verse.Thing t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.SectionLayer_ThingsGeneral:TakePrintFrom(Thing)
Verse.SectionLayer_Things:Regenerate()
Verse.Section:RegenerateLayers(MapMeshFlag)
Verse.MapDrawer:TryUpdateSection(Section)
Verse.MapDrawer:MapMeshDrawerUpdate_First()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Just ran across this very same issue, vents will close, but they disappear & this red error pops up.

I stumbled across this myself tonight, thought I'd check to make sure it was reported.
I thought maybe it was something I'd done with my puttering, so I tried a brand new game, no mods enabled except a fresh copy of Bettervents 1.4 and Hugslib. Still occurs.
You can place a vent on the wall, and it has a A17 style "close vent" toggle switch that needs a pawn to come flick it.
When they flick it, the vent becomes invisible and the following error pops up in the log.

Initializing new game with mods Core, HugsLib, and BetterVents-BetterVents1.4
Verse.Log:Message(String)
Verse.Game:InitNewGame()
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__855()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__851()

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Building/Misc/TempControl/VentB_Off, color=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000))
Verse.Graphic_Multi:Init(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:GetInner(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:Get(Type, String, Shader, Vector2, Color, Color, GraphicData)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:Get(Type, String, Shader, Vector2, Color, Color)
RimWorld.CompFlickable:get_CurrentGraphic()
RimWorld.Building_Vent:get_Graphic()
Verse.Thing:Print(SectionLayer)
Verse.ThingWithComps:Print(SectionLayer)

Exception printing Vent60993 at (137, 0, 118): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Printer_Plane.PrintPlane (Verse.SectionLayer layer, Vector3 center, Vector2 size, UnityEngine.Material mat, Single rot, Boolean flipUv, UnityEngine.Vector2[] uvs, UnityEngine.Color32[] colors, Single topVerticesAltitudeBias) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Graphic.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer, Verse.Thing thing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SectionLayer_ThingsGeneral.TakePrintFrom (Verse.Thing t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

If you remember where the vent is on the wall, you can select it and order a pawn to open it back up again, at which point it reappears.
I tried swapping out Bettervents for Redistheat v47a, and those vents do not vanish, because those vents apparently still use the older function where the player can choose to manually toggle a vent and a big red x appears on it, A16 style, as opposed to the new flickable A17 style.
So I guess it looks like A17 requires a graphic for closed vents that isn't present in Bettervents?

skullywag

Nebbeh

Can the pallets store stone chunks? In desperate need of better chunk storage..

tonsrd

Quote from: Nebbeh on August 24, 2017, 01:43:12 PM
Can the pallets store stone chunks? In desperate need of better chunk storage..

turn ur useless chunks into usefull stone bricks/blocks

in vanilla 2 chunks on top of each other will crash the game ( a comment in one storage mod also stated the same )

Nebbeh