[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flimflamshabam

Bar0th

SyberSmoke

I am enjoying your Storage mode quite a lot.  But I was wondering if you would be open to a larger food storage method like say a silo?  A way to store huge amounts of grain type foods and offer a a better decay rate but have it be costly to build (say a couple hundred steel or stone blocks)?

Sixdd

That would be great, maybe a 3x3 round structure that protects from weather but can't be under a roof. Would be better than what I do now which is about 10 baskets filled with rice, which if I'm not overly tired and incapable of math, is 20 tiles. It could be 8 storage tiles and a single drop-off tile.

Kalre

Sixdd

Link is working fine for me, maybe try again? It should take you to the Github page, from there go to Releases and grab the latest release.

Smellfungus

A couple of tiny things... Vent sprites are drawn above pawns. Most easy to notice with a muffalo passing through a door to the north with a vent next to it on the east or west, with the miffalo coming through from said direction. Also, the defs for your raw cotton and devilstrand aren't in keeping with other raws. This breaks compatibility with vegetable garden as they introduce them too, but their raws follow the naming pattern. ;) depending on his load order you have bills you vany conplete without trading, and caravan requests for materials you can't farm.  :p not a big deal though.

Kalre

Quote from: Sixdd on September 17, 2017, 02:53:24 AM
Link is working fine for me, maybe try again? It should take you to the Github page, from there go to Releases and grab the latest release.

I could only find an A16 release :(

Sixdd

@Kalre Maybe you should read the post again...

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on September 07, 2017, 02:37:35 PM
digging through github I found the a16 versions of additional lighting and dermal regenerator, they seem to work without issue.

Kalre

Quote from: Sixdd on September 17, 2017, 01:52:39 PM
@Kalre Maybe you should read the post again...

Quote from: Flimflamshabam on September 07, 2017, 02:37:35 PM
digging through github I found the a16 versions of additional lighting and dermal regenerator, they seem to work without issue.

Oh my bad.

Canute

Quote from: Smellfungus on September 17, 2017, 11:33:45 AM
Also, the defs for your raw cotton and devilstrand aren't in keeping with other raws. This breaks compatibility with vegetable garden as they introduce them too, but their raws follow the naming pattern. ;) depending on his load order you have bills you vany conplete without trading, and caravan requests for materials you can't farm.  :p not a big deal though.
The player need to think abit too.
When 2 mods add the same thing, ofcouse there will be some trouble except one mod is been made/patched to be compactible with the other like Fertile fields with VG.
But since this mod just add the same features like VG got, you don't need it.

Smellfungus

That as may be, but this mod does it in a way I'm more comfortable with. ;) also, keeping to a standard naming pattern is just good practice. Having to remember whether an individual object is raw_cotton, cotton_raw, cottonRaw or cotton_thread can be cumbersome and makes it easier to generate bugs. So where theres already a standard naming system it's best to follow it. As far as I'm concerned naming your modded objects in a way that doesn't conformto the naming system is vergingon a bug in itself. ;)

Also, where two mods add the same thing, there will be less or no problems of they both use the set naming pattern, unless they interpret it differently. In this case it's modifying the drop from cotton and devilstrand plants, which was previously cloth. They both change the drop of the plant. However, VG tags its drop raw_cotton iirc, whereas this mod names it cotton_thread iirc. There are other raws that have different names from their tags, but they use the raw_ prefix all the same. :p this is incompatibility that could have been avoided by good practice, and I don't think that's unreasonable to ask of a developer. ;) if I were Skullywag I'd chalk this up to a good opportunity for learning, be a little embarrassed and change it.

Tldr: yes Canute, I have thought about this a lot and have concluded in right. XD

skullywag

Actually the "raw" prefix is used for edibles not stuff that is used in the manufacturing of other things. You cant eat cotton bolls.

So no im not embarrassed. ;)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

CannibarRechter

Hi, Skully, is the config error:

"Config error in ES.StorageFactor: defName ES.StorageFactor should only contain letters, numbers, underscores, or dashes."

A known issue with your mod? This is a non-fatal error that appears, but does not stop the game. But it appears the game does not prefer you put "." in an XML tag.
CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects

skullywag

its only a warning, technically its not right, ill let Doc know if he wants to fix it he can, it wont do any harm as is though.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?