[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilz

Will there be an update to extended storage? Can't play without it anymore.

Anyone knowledgeable here that could tell me what needs to be fixed so it works with B18? If it's just editing a few lines I might be able to do it myself.

Canute

Prolly not, the storage mod got assemblies, these need to at the best case just recompiled.
Give the doctor some, he is active even when you don't notice him much.

DoctorVanGogh

Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

Pilz

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on November 22, 2017, 12:53:40 PM
There's an experimental A/B18 build out for about a month

Why didn't anyone tell me?!

Works fine, though it is still marked for A17 (oversight?). Thank you very much!

Quick question now that I have you, what line would I have to insert to have the stockpile settings be clear when I build a basket? I used to change change the standard priority setting to 'low' so my people wouldn't run to store anything they can find in it, but I seem to remember that there was a mod that just had everything disabled from the get go.

Canute

Doc was hiding it well.
I checked the master and releases but only saw old releases.
I don't even know i could come to the experimental branch. But i am not github expierenced.

codexhound

I went ahead and updated ReclaimFabric to B18 because it was simple enough. Skully you can choose to use it officially if you wish.

Download here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l2f6arkft0xfzcw/ReclaimFabric.zip?dl=0

Antaios

Pilz

Found a way to disable all storage after building to prevent pawns from hauling until you've decided what you want to store there.

After
<building>

Simply add

<defaultStorageSettings>
</defaultStorageSettings>

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Antaios on November 22, 2017, 09:25:27 PM
I updated better vents and coolers a couple days back

--snip--

Also fixed the missing vent closed texture

Thanks for this update! Was waiting for these to come out.   ;D

Still having some issues when it comes to building them on custom walls, although, this time around vents & coolers will be built... at the cost of the wall being deconstructed first.  :P No go when you put the wall blueprints back either, because pawns will deconstruct the vent/coolers to rebuild the wall. Not sure why that happens, even if I use the vanilla bases & tags for my own wall defs it's still the same deal, but I guess I'll stick with God mode-ing them in for those modded-in walls or use the default walls instead for those, no biggie...

EDIT: Figured it out! (Because another mod that I used & just updated the version to had this same issue of deconstructing walls before construction):     

<clearBuildingArea>false</clearBuildingArea>

In order for Better Coolers/Vents to work with custom walls, this line needed to be added to the defs for the coolers/vents to prevent pawns from being silly and destroying the walls altogether. :D

DukeAl

The experimental A18 update for Extended Storage gives me some errors when the game starts:
"Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.ThingDef named MortarShell" and
"Cannot call ItemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress."
Anyone else having there errors and if so, is this a serious issue?

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: DukeAl on November 24, 2017, 03:22:54 AM
"Could not resolve cross-reference to Verse.ThingDef named MortarShell" and
"Cannot call ItemFromXmlFile with resolveCrossRefs=true while loading is already in progress."
Ah yes, they did something with mortars & shells... that was in the patch notes...

It's just a "default" filter for a storage building which references an 'old' item.. shouldn't cause any issues.

Edit: just grab https://github.com/DoctorVanGogh/ExtendedStorage/releases
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

DukeAl

Daguest

Thanks a lot, the "warehouse manager 2017" part of the game is really annoying. This mod greatly alleviate it, I can barely play without.

Daros

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on November 23, 2017, 09:01:16 AM
Quote from: Antaios on November 22, 2017, 09:25:27 PM
I updated better vents and coolers a couple days back

--snip--

Also fixed the missing vent closed texture

Thanks for this update! Was waiting for these to come out.   ;D

Still having some issues when it comes to building them on custom walls, although, this time around vents & coolers will be built... at the cost of the wall being deconstructed first.  :P No go when you put the wall blueprints back either, because pawns will deconstruct the vent/coolers to rebuild the wall. Not sure why that happens, even if I use the vanilla bases & tags for my own wall defs it's still the same deal, but I guess I'll stick with God mode-ing them in for those modded-in walls or use the default walls instead for those, no biggie...

EDIT: Figured it out! (Because another mod that I used & just updated the version to had this same issue of deconstructing walls before construction):     

<clearBuildingArea>false</clearBuildingArea>

In order for Better Coolers/Vents to work with custom walls, this line needed to be added to the defs for the coolers/vents to prevent pawns from being silly and destroying the walls altogether. :D

Hey, to what spot exactly does one add the code? Could you please point out? Thanks!

Tenshi~Akari

^^ It should work within any part, as long as it's not within a subtree, (i.e. do not put it within in "graphicData", "statBases" "costList" or subtrees of the like.)

For safety's sake, I'd suggest where I put mine: at the end of the vent/cooler def right before the closing </ThingDef> tag.