[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lperkins2

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 17, 2017, 03:50:04 AM
Just check out the whole bunch of repositories and you can see for yourself.

https://github.com/Skullywag?tab=repositories

The github repo for dermal regenerator is still the A16 build.  A couple pages back it was mentioned that he had recompiled it for A17 and replaced the work giver with the a17 version, but he hadn't pushed the commit yet.  Looks like that is still the case.

CalebRaven

I've downloaded the new Extended Storage from GitHub, but after enabling the mod, on startup Rimworld hangs at initializing. At first I thought it was a mod conflict, but I eventually got to enabling only Extended Storage and it still hangs at enabling - I've let it sit for 10 minutes and spinning pinwheel of death persists. Any ideas or additional information that might be useful? I had Steam verity game integrity and apparently things are fine.

Canute

Which one you did download ?
The version from skully'' github (which isn't B18) or the one from Doctor's (link is at page 78) ?

CalebRaven

Quote from: Canute on December 01, 2017, 03:38:56 AM
Which one you did download ?
The version from skully'' github (which isn't B18) or the one from Doctor's (link is at page 78) ?

The one from page 78 - tried both the latest one and the one prior that apparently said A17 but worked for B18. Neither got past Initializing.

Canute

Doctor would need at last an error log.
If you got hugslib installed, use the share log button
or at the ...data folder the output_log.txt as attachment (zip it if nessesary).

CalebRaven

How am I able to get a log from the menu if the game won't start?

If I run it with Extended Storage and it hangs on Initializing, then Force Quit out, then take it off the mods config file to start Rimworld, the current logs don't have Extended Storage listed.

Canute

Rimworld install, inside of the folder ...data  the output_log.txt

CalebRaven

I couldn't find that file where you said it'd be. I looked around and found that's the location on Windows, but for a Mac, it's a different spot. In this case...

/Users/USER/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Is where I think the file you're suggesting I post is located.

I exported the file after trying (and failing) to load extended storage - here it is! Looks like it does reference Extended Storage, so I hope this is useful!

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Questops

Are better coolers/vents going B18? The vanilla models look so foreign to me  ;D

DoctorVanGogh

Okay, that reads like an extremely arcane issue specific to MacOS (I've heard of one other time of this happening and it was in Zombieland).

Please go into your ExtendedStorage installation folder and delete the trays.png file from Textures\Things\Building\Furniture\MedCab. It's a dev-only image which is actually not used at all by the mod - very very weird that it causes the game to choke.

Hope this helps you resolve the issue - if it does, I'll see that I strip the whole dev textures from the archives to prevent any other future issues for the next release.

Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

Mosart

Hey. I used these mods at a17. They are amazing. Will it be updated to b18?

Aatxe360

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on December 15, 2017, 12:23:17 AM
Quote from: Antaios on November 22, 2017, 09:25:27 PM
I updated better vents and coolers a couple days back

https://github.com/Antaios/BetterVents
https://github.com/Antaios/BetterCoolers

Also fixed the missing vent closed texture

^^Already available.  8)

Which link is the actual download?  Github has changed a lot since I last used it and not sure which is just the mod and what is other stuff.