[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Normaly look first under Releases if you can find an actual release.
But in this case no B18 release made (last one from june is A17), then you just download the master.
Click at "Clone or download" then download Zip.
But be careful with the master-download, some modder don't include the assemblies only the source-files, but then they added a release-file with assemblies and no source.
That why you should look first at the releases.

Sixdd

Hey Doc, got a bug for you. For some reason when a certain combination of storage objects are onscreen the gui disappears, I'm trying to nail down what is causing it but the error is below hope it helps.

Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
at System.Linq.Enumerable.First<Verse.Thing> (System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Verse.Thing>) <0x001ab>
at ExtendedStorage.Building_ExtendedStorage.DrawGUIOverlay () <0x000d6>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) Verse.ThingOverlays.ThingOverlaysOnGUI_Patch1 (object) <0x00158>
at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs () <0x00070>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x00086>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x000ed>

Full log is here
Modlist is here

EDIT: I closed the ticket on GitHub but just so others know, you can fix this issue by loading Extended Storage last in your mod list. So far I've had no more issues.

Chaotic-Entropy

Love your storage mod, thanks so much putting that together.

Any chance you can put just a straightforward grid on the main post to indicate which mods are in what state and which version they're for?

Harry_Dicks

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Harry_Dicks

Maybe I'm confused.. I looked at the repositories for the mods and most of them haven't been updated in a year. The only one I found that looked current was the storage mod. Am I not looking in the right place? Maybe someone could point this dummy in a more specific direction? Thanks! ;D

LittleMikey

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 27, 2017, 03:09:04 PM
Maybe I'm confused.. I looked at the repositories for the mods and most of them haven't been updated in a year. The only one I found that looked current was the storage mod. Am I not looking in the right place? Maybe someone could point this dummy in a more specific direction? Thanks! ;D

Yeah I'm not sure either, the only one I can see which has been updated is Extended Storage.

Silas_

Will vents and coolers work as-is on B18?  I've gotten so attached to them at this point.

EDIT: Whoops!  Looks like they were last updated a day after B18 released.  That just leaves Skullywag's weapons packs. :p

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 12, 2018, 12:02:10 AM
damn extended fabrics is a17

It's only xml, if you want it bad enough you can update it, shouldn't be too hard :) Get Notepad++ and it should be done in no more than an hour tops.

Kori

I use the B18 version of Extended Storage, and sometimes when I switch between maps (second Colony or temporary maps), the total amount of items for some containers is shown as 0. After some time, probably when someone is using the container, it gets refreshed and shows the correct value again.

Is this a known bug?
It never happened with A17, occurs very rarely, which means it affects only one or two out of 30 containers, and only after switching maps.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kori on February 18, 2018, 10:21:28 AM
I use the B18 version of Extended Storage, and sometimes when I switch between maps (second Colony or temporary maps), the total amount of items for some containers is shown as 0. After some time, probably when someone is using the container, it gets refreshed and shows the correct value again.

My total guess coming from someone who has no clue what they're talking about:

When you are looking at your secondary map, for some reason the game stops displaying the quantity of whatever in your storage building. That's because the stuff isn't technically stored in there. When the storage thing says it has 500 wood, it is just a number to show you. That's because the mod doesn't alter the stack size or anything, and that 500 wood isn't actually "8 stacks" or whatever you have it set to. This wood exists in a "pocket dimension", so it isn't ever really there.

However, the mod keeps a list of all of the things it has stored in it's containers and the quantities. So when you go back to the map that now has a 0 shown for a container, it won't get refreshed until a pawn goes to use it. That's because the mod author has the storage units set to not auto refreshing every X ticks, this is to save CPU cycles, and it's only ever refreshed when it's actually being used.

Anyway, I am probably wrong. But it was fun trying to think about it, not knowing what's really going on, and just trying to "wing it" for what I can only guess is happening. :)

Canute

Sorry harry, but Extented storage don't use "pocket dimension" it is like Quantum storage, it stores more stack at the same tile, and all is on map.
The number which got displayed is just a summary of all stack's on that tile.

But Extented storage is made in previous version and just adapt to B18 by the good doctor.
And since multi colony isn't a recommend vanilia feature, he don't thought about to refresh this displayed number after a map change.
But i bet if he read this, it wouldn't much trouble for him to do this.

Kori

Quote from: Canute on February 18, 2018, 03:47:05 PM
But i bet if he read this, it wouldn't much trouble for him to do this.

That's what I was hoping too.  :)

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on February 18, 2018, 03:47:05 PM
Sorry harry, but Extented storage don't use "pocket dimension" it is like Quantum storage, it stores more stack at the same tile, and all is on map.

You're probably right, but I'm not convinced I'm 100% wrong. Maybe the game still actually "has them there". But couldn't we further argue the nuance of what actually defines something as "being there" in a game? They are all just 0s and 1s in the end.