[A17] Skullywags Misc mods - Storage (UPDATED), Vents, coolers, Fabrics updated!

Started by skullywag, June 29, 2015, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Doh, i just notice myself i think i modified the
/ExtendedStorage/Defs/ThingDefs/Storage/Storage_Locker.xml
myself to add
<li>Weapons</li>
just below the
<filter>
        <categories>
                 <li>Apparel</li>

I think doctor refused to add an own weapon locker because of missing good texture for it.

Kenny Dave

Thanks Canute. Yes, I managed to do that, and created a (poor) texture and had all the XML stuff on it, it isn't a particularly useful thing to use without the C# apparel behaviour though. Although I am... you can see them just to the right of centre on this:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Kenny_Dave/screenshot/945075898069445628

It's not a great texture, it's not transparentified but greyscale, and should always be green and open with hay in I think. But I could probably work that bit out.

Antaios

I've done an update for BetterCoolers and BetterVents for 1.0, as I did with B18. This time I've listed proper releases on Github.

Since the pull request for B18 never went through I'm assuming it never will, so I'll continue to leave links to the updated BetterCoolers and BetterVents on my mods thread aswell, unless told otherwise.
BetterCoolers
BetterVents

Silas_

qurffe

Hi, using the "unstable" version of Extended Storage and it has little problem when i load a save, it spits everything from storage all around, even destroying walls if there is not enough space in stockpile.

Ruisuki

^ that happens with the bottomless textile storage from the author of change dresser as well.

Also...I dont think the quality bug has been fixed yet either has it?

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: qurffe on July 15, 2018, 04:56:55 PM
Hi, using the "unstable" version of Extended Storage and it has little problem when i load a save, it spits everything from storage all around, even destroying walls if there is not enough space in stockpile.
Please upload savegame someplace and give a link. That sounds like a nasty issue to reproduce and needs a bit more of a look.
Appreciate my mods? Buy me a coffee

qurffe

Quote from: DoctorVanGogh on July 15, 2018, 06:02:49 PM
Quote from: qurffe on July 15, 2018, 04:56:55 PM
Please upload savegame someplace and give a link. That sounds like a nasty issue to reproduce and needs a bit more of a look.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i09yk7a0dhi7b87/New%20Arrivals2.rws?dl=0

also tested a little and it happens whenewer i have other mods or just extended storage enabled,
also on Load it throws a lot of yellow errors of type: "Trying to get valid region at (116, 0, 146) but RegionAndRoomUpdater is disabled. The result may be incorrect.", they just have different coordinates, i would assume its where it spits the resource at

Did 1 more little test, it has nothing to do with rooms or stockpiles, it just spawns the resources around the storage. Same behaviour like if you would try to spawn resources via Dev option on the same tile, except that it actually destroys anything that is in the way

DoctorVanGogh

Well poop.... this looks nasty.... I'll take a crack at this, but this might take a bit...

themadgunman

was looking into this myself, it seems like the game just doesnt like genplacing lots of items in the same cell when you load the game, although it will quite happily do it when the game is loaded, probably some sort of error checking i imagine

Ruisuki

Any reason why wooden pallet can hold components but steel skip cant?

Canute

Skip's are only for resources, while pallet's can hold manufactured goods too.
That's why a skip got more storage capacity.

DoctorVanGogh

Quote from: Ruisuki on July 27, 2018, 06:38:16 AM
Any reason why wooden ... can hold components but steel ... cant?
A) wood or steel or mammoth-bone as a material doesn't matter ;)
B) Skips only offer "loose goods" storage. Rocks, raw wood, etc. Components are a carefully manufactured good.