Guest areas

Started by Kelian, July 01, 2015, 12:22:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelian

Hey guys,

I'm sure this has been suggested and brought up before but I couldn't find any recent posts regarding it. Any idea when we will be able to designate guest rooms for vistors/passerbys. I'd like to set up a common bunk area and maybe a rec room or something for people that are not colonist and not prisoners so they don't have to sleep on the ground and eat off the floor. Maybe while they stayed I'd have the same options of friendly chat and attempt to recruit?

Hospitality could give a minor relations bonus too.

Also speaking of rec room, the colonists could use weight equipment for joy.

Just some randoms thoughts tonight.

Cheers.

Euzio

+1 to this. Would definitely love this as I do find it silly that visitors would drop by, and just sleep all over the place... They do eat meals from my colony's own tables but I'd much rather build a table just for them.

The only trouble now is that our pawns don't seem to differentiate what zone it is and just eat from any table.. I've constantly had pawns go into prisoner rooms to eat from their tables when their own dining table was just across the hallway...

Lonely Rogue

The guest zone would be exploitable by people like Blitz, those who trap them in a room with a steam geyser to loot their stuff.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Kelian

Quote from: DDawgSierra on July 01, 2015, 12:45:19 AM
    The guest zone would be exploitable by people like Blitz, those who trap them in a room with a steam geyser to loot their stuff.

Indeed but this can already be exploited anyway with or without special zones.

Lonely Rogue

I'm saying it would make it easier and faster for any exploiters to do it, which brings up the point of a faction debuff when their people go missing on your map, to make it even.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?