Non AI storyteller

Started by VLDKaktus, June 30, 2015, 11:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VLDKaktus

Rimworld has an AI storyteller, so will there exist human being storyteller, like a multiplayer alternative or something? I mean we can edit ingame events when godmode is on, and there could be an option for multiplayer where one player is a storyteller making some ingame events and other is a simple player, that could make some really good rimworld stories, and add game much more fun.
Please excuse me for my english, i still learning it.

Lonely Rogue

Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Razvan92

Haha, how cool this sounds.

StorymasterQ

I think our natural tendencies to troll would make this idea a killer of friendships and relationships comparable to Monopoly.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Lonely Rogue

Ummmm. Nagh! Just awesome YouTube videos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I"M A PRO TUBER!
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

SSS

Quote from: StorymasterQ on June 30, 2015, 08:33:59 PM
I think our natural tendencies to troll would make this idea a killer of friendships and relationships comparable to Monopoly.

Is Monopoly -really- that bad? .-.

I always hear it mentioned in such contexts, but I've never had such things happened, and I used to play quite a bit with others, years ago.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: SSS on June 30, 2015, 10:48:28 PM

Is Monopoly -really- that bad? .-.

I always hear it mentioned in such contexts, but I've never had such things happened, and I used to play quite a bit with others, years ago.

As with many board games with a competitive element, when played by people who cannot grasp the value of relationships over the value of winning, they would sacrifice the former to get the latter. This holds true for similar games, such as Risk and UNO.

However, the ubiquity of Monopoly and the vagueness of some of the rules lead to many more relationship-ending fights than other games. Thus, a legend is born.

See: The Things People Argue About While Playing Monopoly

Search also: "Monopoly ends Relationships" on Google :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Nickvr628

jamesinar

No you could just put raids and events on cooldown timers so that they can't be spammed.

VLDKaktus

Cooldowns would be boring, and they wont be needed when you have a good storyteller
Please excuse me for my english, i still learning it.

jamesinar

And if you have a bad story teller you'll just get back to back mechanoid raids till you die.

tylers2001

They could even choose their own avatar/image of what they look like.
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

Menulis9

A better suggestion would be multiplayer, two people connected to each other. One story tells for the other and plays their own game and vice versa. so people cant spam raids. well they can, and the other player can send them right back.

Kelian

This would be awesome but ONLY with someone you knew, otherwise you'd just be trolled 15min in.

OH NO!!! A SOLAR FLARE, EVIL SHIP CRASH, TRIBE, PIRATE RAID, WITH TWO MANHUNTER PACKS IN A DRY THUNDERSTORM WITH TOXIC FALLOUT!!! What terrible luck your colonists have. Oh and look at that, a power conduit mysteriously failed blowing a hole in your front door while also setting everything on fire.

That Kelian AI storyteller is a d*ck. You thought Randy Random was bad  ;)

Mr.Cross

Hell it could almost be like mario cart. Either try to survival for as long as possible, or the first off the planet, all while at certain intervals you could pick a threat, incident, and anything else tynan might come up with.
Claims to know most things.