Starting a Game with Combat

Started by A Friend, June 30, 2015, 10:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

Starting the game in an eventful way.

Instead of stranded space people, you start out as veterans of the Rimworld. Running away from a quickly closing manhunter pack, group of pirates, angry tribals, scythers or just a swarm of bloodthirsty squirrels.

How it would work:
- Your colonists would spawn just off-screen but nearby to the center of the map where the view is usually focused. They would then run into view shortly.
- They are guaranteed to be armed. But their weapons would be randomized.
- They may also wear armour. But it is not guaranteed.
- The game notifies you of which direction the enemies would come. (East, North, South, South-east, etc)
- Starting resources would be carried in the colonists inventories instead of just being drop podded. You have to manually drop to use them though.
- You would be given just enough time to prepare light defenses like sandbags before the enemy arrives.
- I'm unsure of this but perhaps starting with at least 5 colonists for it to be a bit more action-y and tactic-y
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Lonely Rogue

This would be a good mod, maybe. But the point of the game is your crash landing and wanting to leave. Taking away from that would... Not work for vanilla. Maybe you could have pirates that destroyed your ship drop pod down to finish you off, though.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Headshotkill

If you want to start of the game with A LOT more action then I HIGHLY suggest you get the Crash Landing mod cause it's just awesome and really makes the start of the game random.

You crash down, everyone is fucked up.
Make choices, safe people or food and medicine?

You'll see people ripped apart, wounded and burning up amongst the wreckage (their screams...) and along with that there's a chance you also have to fight right from the beginning because prisoner blocks can crash down to from the ship.

Lonely Rogue

That ... sounds... AWESOME!!! I recommend implementing that on a slightly lower scale into vanilla!
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Kegereneku

Myself I suggested various Themed Storyteller including a Combat-themed one which would favor balanced combat and avoid giving you colonist unfit for combat
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !