Trigger Event

Started by NemesisN, June 29, 2015, 06:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NemesisN

Is it possible to mod the game to trigger a event in order ? For example I want to trigger a specific faction to attack at some given time or trigger specific enemy type to attack or your colonist going crazy...trigger any event at all at time what I want it to be triggered

and is there any possible way to trigger or add a cutscene ? Game pauses and a video clip plays...I am interested into making a story with one storyteller that is not random events where specific events happen in order but the game is just random with all storytellers
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

RawCode

currently i am working on "event driver" framework, that will allow to hook any method of any type and redirect codeflow to your own code.
but, this wont happen for long time.

alternative for such system is type overrides - you implement you own "Pawn" type and override specific methods of Pawn with your own.
This will allow to detect when Pawn die, when Pawn spawn and soo on.

Without hooks\overrides you can  create list of events and fire them with custom storyteller, actually very trivial task, instead of rolling from database you pick one from list.