[Mod Support Request] Folders

Started by Vas, July 01, 2015, 03:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vas

As it stands, the game only sees mods if they are directly placed inside the mod directory.  That means that mods with multiple addons, all need to be in that same folder.  What if, I want to create a folder called MD2 and put MS2Base, MD2Droids, MD2Fortifications, MD2Industry, MD2Manufacturing, MD2Power, in that folder?  The game only sees the folder "MD2" as no author no version no info.  Can't see the stuff inside.

What if you add the ability to put a file inside with the line <Subfolder> inside it, so that the game now looks at this folder as a "Mods" folder as well, so that it counts the same.  Letting you sort things to be easier to find when clustering things together.

Also, if this is done, it'd be nice to be able to "activate all" and collapse that group in the mod listing.  Just another thought.  :P

Also, I think that EDB's mod priority mod should be a game default thing, but that's another topic.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.