Roomba/Farmba bots

Started by dopestar667, July 01, 2015, 04:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dopestar667

So, I think having fully humanlike androids would probably be way too much, but how about allowing there to be some robot cleaners and farmers? It might be balanced by requiring an AI module, making the cost/value of them really high, but I think it would be really cool to have the ability to add these to a mid-game or later game colony and free your colonists up for other roles.

I saw a thread from 2013 about androids, just thought I'd bring this back up since it's been a couple years and I just got into the game last week. Well worth every penny btw, this game is awesome by itself, can't wait for it to evolve and grow.

BetaSpectre

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Quasarrgames

On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Thorbane

Not sure about farmer bots (maybe limit what they can plant/harvest, ie. no trees), but cleaning and hauling bots would be awesome.  Maybe require that you buy their electronic brains off of trade ships.

harpo99999

if you are willing to use MODS, there is the clutter mod that has automatic trashbins that can clean out to 7 cells from the bin, and ther is MD (has several modules one of which is robots (single task per robot type)), then there is Miscellaneous that has the MAI robots with researchable task types

Haplo

FYI: MAI now also has cleaning and hauling robots that can be bought (not created) from traders