Nerf Mechanoid Centipede melee damage/accuracy

Started by Kaballah, July 02, 2015, 03:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

Centipedes are wayyyyyyyyy too strong in melee.  I understand they're supposed to be an intelligent heavy tank, but they have high area damage, immense health, AND they can mash a colonist in 1-2 hits.  Trying to field melee colonists is already an extra challenge above and beyond just sticking guns on guys -- which is not unreasonable, but when a single centipede kills half your melee-optimized population just by sitting on them that is a glaring balance problem.  Please reduce centipedes' damage and accuracy (why exactly is a giant slow crawly thing so accurate in melee anyway?)  I'll be doing this locally myself but I encourage you to change this anyway.

Scythers are OK as they are.  Thanks!

Barley

Don't Melee you fool!

Deploy shielded troops only to detract the Centipede's fire, like futuristic rodeo clowns. No direct attacks. Instead, try using frag grenades: They damage multiple components in one hit, instead of damaging a single random component each hit. They "Reload" rather quickly, too. This means you'll be able to at least one vital component with each attack, possibly more. The only weakness is range, but if your rodeo clowns are out in front doing their jobs, the grenadiers will be fine.

Rocket launchers work too, but they are ludicrously expensive.

Kaballah

I'm very well aware of how to kill mechanoids with ranged, I didn't post this suggestion this looking for gameplay help.  Thanks for posting!

Elixiar

Quote from: Kaballah on July 02, 2015, 11:21:00 PM
I'm very well aware of how to kill mechanoids with ranged, I didn't post this suggestion this looking for gameplay help.  Thanks for posting!

If you didn't want gameplay help why would you post a complaint about the gameplay?
(The fact they do so much damage, do you not think its intended to be like that? It's not a balance issue, it's balanced.)
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Kaballah

This is pretty simply a suggestion for a change of something that is poorly balanced and not anything else, so thanks for posting!