The 'City' of Morosia

Started by Mj64, July 03, 2015, 06:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mj64

*Not sure where this kind of thing would best fall under, GD, OT or stories. I decided on GD due to the very broad scope that is general, seeing as this IS about Rimworld it'd count.

So one thing I like to do on occasion is to make a new colony, go into god mode and make the most aesthetically pleasing colony I can, while still being functional, of course. One of said ways is to make an actual colony, not just some compound, or a vault. Like some sort of new town or city being settled.

By employing some techniques I've found out on my own through trial and 'will this look cool?' I've made this baby. I love how it came out, and it's still being built. I do use quite a few mods (At least 20+), the major ones being Clutter, Misc, More Metal Floors, Small Walls and Hedges, and Modular Tables.

To view images, right click on them and hit 'Open image in new tab'.

Overview

Hospital

Central Hall

Central Hall: Lower Half

Central Hall: Upper Half

Storage/Comm Center/Drop Zone/TBD

Nuclear Power Plant
(Has No-Roof zones for silos, larger building used to have Plasma things, until they EXPLODED.)

This wonderful place, too!
(Had two filled with megascarabs, one dead body, one delirious man, one badly diseased woman, and one crazy guy. All three lived and are colonists now)

NemesisN

the images are broken they cant be viewed
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Caminha

Quote from: Mj64 on July 03, 2015, 06:20:08 AM
*Not sure where this kind of thing would best fall under, GD, OT or stories. I decided on GD due to the very broad scope that is general, seeing as this IS about Rimworld it'd count.

So one thing I like to do on occasion is to make a new colony, go into god mode and make the most aesthetically pleasing colony I can, while still being functional, of course. One of said ways is to make an actual colony, not just some compound, or a vault. Like some sort of new town or city being settled.

By employing some techniques I've found out on my own through trial and 'will this look cool?' I've made this baby. I love how it came out, and it's still being built. I do use quite a few mods (At least 20+), the major ones being Clutter, Misc, More Metal Floors, Small Walls and Hedges, and Modular Tables.

To view images, right click on them and hit 'Open image in new tab'.

Overview

Hospital

Central Hall

Central Hall: Lower Half

Central Hall: Upper Half

Storage/Comm Center/Drop Zone/TBD

Nuclear Power Plant
(Has No-Roof zones for silos, larger building used to have Plasma things, until they EXPLODED.)

This wonderful place, too!
(Had two filled with megascarabs, one dead body, one delirious man, one badly diseased woman, and one crazy guy. All three lived and are colonists now)

Nice colony.

Quasarrgames

How do you defend this colony? Iz very curious :)
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Mj64

Crap. Should've taken pictures.

Benny Hill, Bionic Legs and the power plant's defenses. It actually wrosk quite well. For the tribals, at least... I haven't had any major pirates yet, though I guess that's what the heavy weapons I've gotten are for.

Mj64

Whelp, due to the update the map's gotten a little buggered. Gonna lock the topic.