New Incidents (Events)

Started by Kelian, July 03, 2015, 11:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelian

I was playing Fallout 3 right after a Rimworld session today and wondered, hey wouldn't it be cool if we had a "regulators" type event? If you commit enough evil atrocities, an elite good guy militia drops into your map and tries to arrest all of your colonists for crimes against humanity. Or they could administer frontier justice.

On the flip side if you kill enough pirates and do enough good acts, suddenly you have the worst of the worst elite mercenary team dropping in to kidnap, or kill all your law abiding goodie two shoes colonists.

Just thought these two light and dark sided events could add more variety to the typical pirates siege and also give us a tangible consequence to our good or evil decisions we make in the day to day of the colony. These guys would not break and you'd have to fight them to the death. If you managed to down them they almost certainly would not convert and probably have little useful skills, focusing on assassin type skill sets while also having a difficulty of 99 to recruit.

Wandering broken thoughts of day.

Cheers.

Kegereneku

Tynan once said he liked the idea of a very advanced Faction with great everything.
So you might get half of that.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Kelian

Like the borg?! They come to assimilate your colonists and their AI Core technology. The only weapons that are effective? Triple rocket launcher and the high caliber sniper rifle.

Sooo cool. /nerd /redshirts charge

WickedGoddess

So the variety being if I'm good they come kill me or if I'm bad they come kill me.....

Mr.Cross

Quote from: WickedGoddess on July 09, 2015, 11:21:41 AM
So the variety being if I'm good they come kill me or if I'm bad they come kill me.....

Sounds like we have some very diverse choices here! Lol.
Claims to know most things.

SSS

Quote from: WickedGoddess on July 09, 2015, 11:21:41 AM

What if you're good and bad?

You know, like giving your faction friend a new bionic arm to replace their blown-off one, but demanding a kidney as payment...

Toggle

There could be a "Colony Karma" level, that can go down from butchering people and trading with pirates, or go up by accepting those events of someone in need and just keeping your colonists happy. The higher the karma, the more pirate traders avoid you and the pirate relationships drop, but the worse the karma, pirate relationships rise and you get more of the traders. Stuff like that.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.