Suggestions wanted: Animals!

Started by Tynan, July 03, 2015, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorymasterQ

What's this "your snake/my snake" business? Let's not compare snakes, shall we?

...That doesn't sound as dirty as I wanted it to be :/
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Toggle

My point was most people are trying to suggest newer ideas, which is why it may not of been suggested.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Bancheis

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on August 23, 2015, 10:07:47 PM
My point was most people are trying to suggest newer ideas, which is why it may not of been suggested.
Well, since they are not in the game, I would say it is a newer idea. Wouldn't you? Anyway, this thread is for suggestions, not for arguing against someone else's suggestions. I did not ask why it was not mentioned, merely stated the fact. Better to keep the discussion constructive.

Toggle

You said you were surprised it wasn't suggested, I give you a reason. That is what I do.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Ramsis

Please do not abuse the report function....

Use it when we have a rule breaker, not when someone is trying to suggest something :/

Sorry Zomb, didn't mean to quote anyone XD
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

whoishigh

Jerboa. A desert mouse that hops along on kangaroo-like rear legs. As much as I'd hate to butcher these lil guys, my desert colony is desperate for meat!

mumblemumble

A large,  rare,  abomination of a creature,  lab experiment gone wrong. It "melds"  any organic tissue it finds to itself,  healing,  and growing larger / stronger from it. Could be a huge problem after a large raid, turning into a melee behemoth,  if it melds 40 dead raiders..  Could also become a corpse hoover if tamed, but extremely risky,  and perhaps unsettling to colonists... ... Actually this sounds like more of a monster,  but would be cool none the less, especially to get a threat which is beefy like centipedes, but melee based. Would also make for a unique spin on the "zombie"  concept.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

b0rsuk

Animal solidarity.
When a tamed animal you have is hurt by a colonist or butchered, animals of the same race are likely to get aggressive. They might attack the colonist immediately, or become very angry. If angry animals are not Handled within short time, they attack.

This change could introduce some emergence into Rimworld, especially when combined with Drunken Colonists Looking For A Fight.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=15412.0

Rimworld currently has a form of solidarity - elephants support each other when you try to hunt one. Then you get as much meat as from a warg pack!

b0rsuk

Animal solidarity would also mean that if you kill a lone boomalope that went mad, a herd of them that saw this may become angry. I had an event like that and they didn't give a damn.
----------

Animals warming you in winter. If you place a sleeping spot right next to an animal's sleeping spot, it will keep you warm in cold nights.

Perso

the bull can be a nice to add..  Toro bravo! yeah!

bulls could push the colonists away.. It could be fun XD

[attachment deleted due to age]

Mikicas

Umm maybe in the next alpha will be interesting to add some kind of monster more than animals that can be tamed.If someone make or if Tynan make something like a big foot or a yeti for the montains and cold biomes,A great snake for the desert, a great white wolf for the templete forest and fish people that looks like a tiny cthulhu for the coast to give more gameplay to that map.We already have a lot of usual animals and the only things that lacks in question of animals are the fish for lakes and coast and the mosnters or more hostile animals that will apear in the map.Actualy it will be great if some times animals that dont belong to a biome migrate for a time or a certains month to give more reality to the game  ;D.
We are only a Pale Blue Dot in the infinity of the existence.
https://youtu.be/Jt9fkPabvRg?list=FL61KFQw0xsngY6D1Pkay4oQ

Bozzarr

Flying birds. Crows, vultures or some more alien ones.

Cpt.Fupa

ssdg

RemingtonRyder

It's possible to rescue downed animals that were in the manhunter state and even treat them while they're on a animal bed, but the moment they get up it's not possible to complete any treatments that still need doing.