Suggestions wanted: Animals!

Started by Tynan, July 03, 2015, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiDavid

A giant spider, can climb over walls, slowly, drags animals back to its lair.

Aviraptors, mutated giant eagles, comes with an event when they land down randomly around the map to breed.

Giant Caterpillar, enough said xD

zenfur

Quote from: MarvinKosh on August 27, 2015, 05:56:34 AM
It's possible to rescue downed animals that were in the manhunter state and even treat them while they're on a animal bed, but the moment they get up it's not possible to complete any treatments that still need doing.

Solution: take them down again with a bunch of club armed colonists and heal them more :P
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

b0rsuk

Quote from: zenfur on September 01, 2015, 01:39:29 AM
Quote from: MarvinKosh on August 27, 2015, 05:56:34 AM
It's possible to rescue downed animals that were in the manhunter state and even treat them while they're on a animal bed, but the moment they get up it's not possible to complete any treatments that still need doing.

Solution: take them down again with a bunch of club armed colonists and heal them more :P

Or do what many vets do - sleep pill. Anaesthetic works on colonists, why not make it applied to treating any animal by default ?

FridayBiology

Mice that are non-trainible. more as a cheap food source for meat eater wolf pack.

... oh yeah, wild aggressive warg packs that respawn.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

joshwoo69

SHEEPPPSS!!!
Yup sheeps so that you can combine cloth and wool to make better stuff! (Synthread anyone??)

Berengar

To be honest... maybe some more non earth animals. I found it always a bit odd, that the game take place on an random planet millions of lightjears away from earth but with nearly the same flora and fauna. I see there a good amount of potential for the game to improve the atmosphere.

Exemples.

1: Big sandworms alias "Dune".
2: Some form of insect that hide himself als rocks, and attacks if some dirty colonist trys to pick him up.
3: Sand crawlers.. hrm... a lizard like.
4: Some sort of wolf like creature, with parts of an lizard.
5: Creatures that only come out at night... and are afraid of light.
6: Big peacefull creatures that eat leaves from the trees. Maybe with fur to harvest.

I dont know.. some more "alien" like creatures. :D

Askmyboar

Sorry in advance for repeating other ideas, I like those ideas (:

Bears
Horses: Faster transportation for colonists or could be used for trade.
Bigfoot: Very rare chance that bigfoot will come roaming through your land
Sloths
Birds: Maybe add some birds (eagles, any bird really) that could be hunted for their feathers and/or to eat for dinner.
Cats: You got dogs, now house cats. (Also includes tigers, leopards, and jaguars)
Gorillas: Strong blunt damage that could easily break bones or throw colonists around. Fur and (teeth?) could be worth a lot of money.
Sharks: (Maybe when the ocean is made more useful in future updates) Predators that will tear up any colonist in the ocean.

I also suggest more alien animals, I don't have any suggestions myself but I do think they would be a good addition.

Terramorphus

twoski

In my opinion it would be cool to have giant sand worms that appear on a sand tile if there's too much movement, similar to the HL2 antlions.

They can't move however they can grab nearby animals and humans and knock them down. If the downed human/animal is left alone incapped next to the worm long enough it will drag them down into the sand and eat them.

Torkkar

Quote from: Serviette Union on July 05, 2015, 07:36:51 AM
This might be outside the scope but I'd quite like to see fish. Perhaps leading to a fishing skill and new food source in future updates.

I like this Idea and to addon to it if there is a fishing skill can we make a dock to fish from/small fishing boats also a fish trap to set out from the dock/boat that traps Coruscations and other bottom dwelling fish that work over night set them at say 6am retrieve them at 6am the next day?

and now my ideas:

-Walrus Because who doesent want a fat mostly aquatic Tundra/boreal/temperate giant seal with valuable ivory tusks?

Features: Drops 2 Walrus Tusks, 200 Walrus meat, 75 Walrus hide(reddish brown) when Butchered. can be tamed at 6 Animals skill cannot haul but can rescue, Moves slowly does decent damage.

Behavior: can "dive" in to deep water showing only its head, appears in colonies of 25 or so animals, Eats fish (feeds in ANY water it finds) immune to Hypothermia and slow, Appears year round in cold climates / in winter in temperate area's / absent in summer in boreal biomes, Suffers heat stroke easily (requires a Freezer set to -5 in hot weather) Fast Breeders (gets 2 pups for every pregnancy)

IF: this only applies if fishing boats are a thing, Harpoon hunting (Requires a Fishing boat & Spear or Pila to hunt them however anything work for land hunting)

-Ape-men The result of evolutionary experiments by Glitter World scientists conducted on Animal Worlds using human DNA mixed with that of other great apes & monkeys. these hybrids live in small social groups and are extremely aggressive when their territory is invaded. however they are quick to adapt to new situations & tools. finding a Troop of these makes you wonder if your ship was destroyed on Purpose.

Features: Resembles a larger "Hairy colonist" with red eyes, Can spawn with primitive melee weapons of any quality but are limited to Pila for ranged weapons, can be tamed at 8 Animal skill, Can Haul 80 to 120 units at once, Eats Meat Prefers milk & Eggs, cannot eat Hay, Eats Plants Proffers Berries, Will eat Meals first along side colonists, Requires a free colonist sleeping spot or bed, Can learn to use any weapons including Mortars, can be taught to speak to satisfy colonist joy need, Butchers for x2 that of a colonist and some will count this as cannibalism, Can preform surgeries on Ape-men, Can Butcher without table but get half the meat & skins, Move normal speed and are not hindered by rocks or trees.

Behavior: Can preform basic tasks (Haul, Clean, Plant cut) will prioritize Hauling, will use joy items with colonists, Becomes less aggressive over time and will even trade you food for weapons or Primitive weapons for food (3 years = completely neutral unless you attack)

IF: if fishing skill is implemented Ape-men will construct shore line fish traps and can hand fish they will also secondarily prioritize these fishing methods if tamed so will Haul, if nothing to haul will fish.

Basically Ape-men are additional breed-able colonists BUT aside from moving/attacking they are bad at it and limited from a lot of vital actions making them need colonists for these rolls.

hope you all like this detailed sugesgion also please do the Walrus at the least I really want that in the game, well that and fishing lol.

Torkkar

Quote from: MultiDavid on August 27, 2015, 09:30:15 PM
Giant Caterpillar, enough said xD

Lol! all that comes to mind is:

Mosura ya Mosura
Tasukete yo te yobeba
Toki o koete
Umi o koete
Nami no yo ni yatte kuru
Mamorigami
Mosura ya Mosura
Yasashisasae wasure
Arehateta
Hito no kokoro
Inorinagara utau
Ai no uta

10 points to whoever guesses this reference ;D

b0rsuk

Juvenile animals should have halved Wildness. They would be easier to train, at least in the skills they can perform.

Eurasian Badger (Meles Meles) cubs are very friendly and playful, and behave like nice pets. It's when they mature that they become reclusive and start avoiding humans.

Barley

Quote from: b0rsuk on September 03, 2015, 05:08:11 PM
Juvenile animals should have halved Wildness. They would be easier to train, at least in the skills they can perform.

That's actually a good point! And it gives more meaning to the age of animals.

b0rsuk

A chinchilla shouldn't lose 50% Movement after having a leg shot out. Most animals in the game are quadrupeds.

Kalshion

Looked through the thread and didn't see this, so maybe I missed it or it was never suggested.

But, how about the worms we see in the movie Tremors? Very aggressive but also quite lucretive in terms of the meat they would provide, but to balance them out, they wouldn't be common-place but more of an event.