Suggestions wanted: Animals!

Started by Tynan, July 03, 2015, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wex

Housecat sized grasshoppers. They come in swarms, they eat and they go shortly afterwards.
What they eat, you say? Anything even remotely edible. They have a nice armor, but almost no HP, so killing them is advised. They drop meat, like a megascarab.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

FMJ Penguin

Quote from: Wex on September 15, 2015, 01:36:54 PM
Housecat sized grasshoppers. They come in swarms, they eat and they go shortly afterwards.
What they eat, you say? Anything even remotely edible. They have a nice armor, but almost no HP, so killing them is advised. They drop meat, like a megascarab.

ooohhh what are those thingies that box each other... bug things with really long legs and long bodies.... They kinda look like a long pea pod with long legs and a triangular lil head...... damnit...... facepalm
Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

Purble1234

FMJ Penguin

Bits & bobs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/buuxpswcu9rzh3o/AABlRN4f2E4UNfDY8a_RoA6Ea?dl=0 All open source so sell it to Adolf for a new pair of sneaks if you like.
"Curious.... How many credit hours does it take tell you can make a comment like that without laughing uncontrollably at yourself?"

FelisVulpes

I'd love to see the addition of foxes and cats!!! But especially foxes!
FOX :D

quxzcover

Quote from: FelisVulpes on October 21, 2015, 02:19:58 PM
I'd love to see the addition of foxes and cats!!! But especially foxes!
WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Ylvis 2013)

Loki88

Quote from: Bongfu on September 15, 2015, 12:21:02 PM
Sheep. They are the quintessential livestock in so many cultures. They can provide wool and food. Also goats for wool, food, and milk. Sheep and goats. Those are what we need.

+1 for goats. It's one of the first livestock animals domesticated by man as well as the most consumed red meat around the world. How are they not a thing yet?

Edit: they're also one of worst invasive species introduced by man around the world.

Jeancey

I'll admit up front that I have not read all 13 pages, so people may have suggested these before. More water based animals would be cool, like Otters or Hippopotomusus (Hippopotomi?). Or birds could be cool. A pet parrot for instance. Also more strong, solitary, dangerous creatures. I'm thinking a mountain lion or tiger that attacks tamed animals or a crocodile near a water source.

Bob_Namg

Jabberwock

Really big, really mean, about as rare and tough as a thrumbo, though its hide is only worth half that of a thrumbo's.
"Hon hon hon"
-Anonymous, France

BinaryBlackhole

The worms should make rock nor sure how it would be implemented but I think it should be gradual maybe stone threads that slow you down then turn into rock.
As for animals the corpse eater it eats rotten corpses and is very wild but useful if you tame it maybe with special hide.
Also a new explosive animal which explodes when it attacks but is immune to the explosion except maybe some damage blunt it would also explode when dead.

kulg

similar things have been said but I want to reinforce them but I think RW has a lot of animals now and some really cool ones to boot. I just want some of the more basic and mundain ones to be traded for genetically modified or strange creatures like the Boomalope, Boomrat etc. Also there should be some kind of vermin like locusts, mice, or rats. I feel like that's what the alpha beavers were meant to be but they really weren't that big of an issue.

Vaporisor

Quote from: kulg on April 27, 2016, 08:33:31 PM
similar things have been said but I want to reinforce them but I think RW has a lot of animals now and some really cool ones to boot. I just want some of the more basic and mundain ones to be traded for genetically modified or strange creatures like the Boomalope, Boomrat etc. Also there should be some kind of vermin like locusts, mice, or rats. I feel like that's what the alpha beavers were meant to be but they really weren't that big of an issue.

The one I want the most is an ancient carnivore similar to a thrumbo, but more dangerous since is a predator.  If it isn't under threat, it will eat dead animals, including dead colonists whole.  This means if some gear (which will degrade while swallowed, represented by inventory) can only be reclaimed by killing the giant monster.  If no food nearby, might tear down walls to get at food it senses.

Course if you manage to take one alive and are very brave, perhaps you... might.... be able to domesticate one, but you will need a fair constant influx of animals to keep it feds. Like a muffalo a day minimum?
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

mumblemumble

Kulg, half year necropost...not cool.

This said, some kind of pest animal that can burrow into the ground / walls would be cool. Id love to fight an infestation
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

The-MathMog

Quote from: mumblemumble on April 27, 2016, 10:01:29 PM
Kulg, half year necropost...not cool.

This said, some kind of pest animal that can burrow into the ground / walls would be cool. Id love to fight an infestation

Like the actual "infestation" that has already been added? ^^
Though they are quite a bit more than bests, as they are quite dangerous. But digging through walls they do.

Aatxe360

Quote from: kulg on April 27, 2016, 08:33:31 PM

Yeah.  Maybe like boomrats or something.