Integrate the Pawn State Icons mod into the core game

Started by Kaballah, July 04, 2015, 03:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaballah

Colonists have such a huge variety of thoughts (e.g. "I'm wearing tattered clothing, this sucks") and states (e.g. "I'm freezing" "I'm hungry") but the core game does not do a very good job of showing this information to the player - manually browsing through each colonist's Thoughts pane is really awkward and just not very fun.  Please consider integrating this wonderfully well done UI mod, which I'm sure you're already familiar with:

Pawn State Icons

Thanks!

TLHeart

only if I have the option of turning it off in the vanilla game.

Othobrithol

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: TLHeart on July 04, 2015, 03:47:55 PM
only if I have the option of turning it off in the vanilla game.

The mods permit that already (along with a lot of tweaking options)

and ofc i support this too

Ienkoron

If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

Vascar

PSI is an amazing mod and should be base game, imho.

Kegereneku

Look like a good idea, though I'll prefer a toggle or to put it aside the Colonist Status Bar of theEdB Interface UI mods.

It's one think to have an User Interface but I prefer my colonist to be more than datapoint and state.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Havan_IronOak

++1  That's a double plus one from me. I use this mod when it works and miss it A LOT when it's not up to date .
The option of turning it off IS available as has been stated and it's a great visual cue as to what your colonists are thinking about.

nmid

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

keylocke

akiceabear

+1. Vanilla is fun to play each new alpha, but seriously painful until the EdB's and this mod are all updated.

Lonely Rogue

Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

nmid

Quote from: DDawgSierra on July 08, 2015, 11:08:15 AM
-1 I don't support this. Sorry.

I respect your downvote, but I'm curious.. What's your reason to say no?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

skullywag

I dont use this mod, anything that sticks to the colonists and follows them around and is UI should be optional.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

nmid

Quote from: skullywag on July 09, 2015, 04:31:36 AM
I dont use this mod, anything that sticks to the colonists and follows them around and is UI should be optional.
As it stands, it is optional.
Having it in the game, will mean the same thing.. and possibly have expanded use as well.
I envisage a hotkey with which you can toggle it to get a bird-eye's view and you can then switch it off for a cleaner world view.