Escape Pod Fixes

Started by Lonely Rogue, July 05, 2015, 03:56:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Rogue

I find it stupid that the escape pods don't come with the same gear as one of your colonists pods, it's not like you planned to be there either! It just doesn't make sense. If you can explain it, go ahead.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

skullywag

Who says the pods are from the same ship, where the kit in a pod could be different.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Elixiar

Could be a different kind of escape pod, smaller.
They do collide into the ground incapacitating the survivor afterall,
Whereas yours have a smooth landing.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Lonely Rogue

Quote from: skullywag on July 05, 2015, 04:45:24 AM
Who says the pods are from the same ship, where the kit in a pod could be different.
That shouldn't matter, most aircraft have the same survival gear on board, why wouldn't a spacecraft?
Quote from: Elixiar on July 05, 2015, 06:28:32 AM
Could be a different kind of escape pod, smaller.
They do collide into the ground incapacitating the survivor afterall,
Whereas yours have a smooth landing.
This could explain it, but it should still be the same pods, much like what I said to skullywag.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

MrWiggles

Why do they have to be the same pods? There no strong reason for them to be the same pod, outside of you wanting them to be the same pod. Not all life boats are the same.

Lonely Rogue

Quote from: MrWiggles on July 06, 2015, 01:28:09 AM
Why do they have to be the same pods? There no strong reason for them to be the same pod, outside of you wanting them to be the same pod. Not all life boats are the same.
They have a thing called standard issue >_< and, if I understand the lore correctly, these are the same Era of ships being used to travel.
Any mod requests?

MrWiggles

Quote from: DDawgSierra on July 06, 2015, 07:06:29 AM
Quote from: MrWiggles on July 06, 2015, 01:28:09 AM
They have a thing called standard issue >_< and, if I understand the lore correctly, these are the same Era of ships being used to travel.
So there only one authority?

Lonely Rogue

If what I gather form the lore is correct. Honestly, I don't care anymore.
Any mod requests?