Can't prioritize tasks after installing mods

Started by TinyWatermelon, July 10, 2015, 12:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TinyWatermelon

Hi everyone, this is the first time I've installed mods for Rimworld, but immediately I noticed that I can't tell my colonists to prioritize almost every task. I can't tell them to build anything, or rest untill fully healed, I did notice that I cán tell them to strip stranger corpses though.
The mods I installed are: Additional Joy Objects, Buffaloes and Beavers, Bulk Meals, Ceiling Lights, Clutter, Crash Landing (turned that one off), Darkness, Expanded Mining (also turned off), Glass works, Mad Skills, More Factions Spawn, Target Practice, Vegetable Garden and Vein miner.

Does anyone know what mod causes this, and if you do, how can I turn it off without having to disable the mod? (if it is possible, of course :) )

Any help is greatly appreciated!

DaemonDeathAngel

The best way to find out which mod causes the issue I to remove all the mods, add them one by one until the problem shows up, then delete that mod. It is most likely a comparability issue causing the problem.

TinyWatermelon

I've tried this, but every time I start up a save file I just get a black screen ^^;

Leucetius

1) Did you created a savegame with mods activated and now try to load it without mods? That will most likely not work. In many cases you even have to create a whole new world when you changed, added or removed mods
2) Did you remove the "Mod" folder 'Core'? So is your mod folder totally empty? If so: you deleted a big part of the main game and have to reinstall.

DaemonDeathAngel

Yeah, if you're loading a saved that the mods were activated on, that save won't work. You also want to make sure you have your Core files.

TinyWatermelon

Quote from: Leucetius on July 10, 2015, 02:27:21 PM
1) Did you created a savegame with mods activated and now try to load it without mods? That will most likely not work. In many cases you even have to create a whole new world when you changed, added or removed mods
2) Did you remove the "Mod" folder 'Core'? So is your mod folder totally empty? If so: you deleted a big part of the main game and have to reinstall.

I didn't delete the Core folder, nor did I disable it. I also created a new World and Colony every time I changed my Mods ^^;

DaemonDeathAngel

Try removing the config folder after removing all the mods. That will reset everything to default settings.

cuproPanda

AJO was one of the problems. Maybe not the sole cause, but one of them. I updated to v2.11.

Quote from: TinyWatermelon on July 10, 2015, 02:11:44 PM
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz155/nicolebelletje/could%20this%20have%20anything%20to%20do%20with%20it_zpsmoq3jpk5.png

Could this have anything to do with it?

This is a direct result of my mod; Tynan removed the need for an unfinished thing job, and v2.10 was still using them
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!