Xenomorphs (Being worked on)

Started by Mr.Cross, July 05, 2015, 10:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Cross

I've tried learning code (granted not very hard) to make a mod.
This mod being adding in Xenomorphs. I Would appreciate it if a modder, Who knows how to add hidden factions (Like the mechonoids), Make a mod like this. Having Face huggers, Drones, warriors and the occasional Matriarch.
I'm willing to help Locate any information about these aliens (most likely will get from google.) and will test the mod out before any public release.
If you do decide to take on this challenge, please let me know. So I can follow, and help in any way I can.

Ideas:
They be made as a hidden faction, Like the Mechs.
The Drones have a pack like mentality. (Moving and Attacking. Similar to the wargs, except they can use doors.)
They are able to Incapacitate and Steal a colonist to breed more xenomorphs.
Have Warriors try to lay waste to the colony. (They defend the Matriarch if one is on the map. Other wise they just lay waste to buildings, items, crops, and pawn.)
Have a matriarch who spawn facehuggers who will intern have a chance to place an egg inside a colonist. (will kill the colonist (possibly turn them into the butchered meat. for the wormling xenomorph.) and spawn a xenomorph wormling who will eat the dead colonist (and possible animals that happen to be around. And grow up to become a full sized Xenomorph.)
They would have a Resistance to bullets but a weakness to fire.

I understand that not all of this will be possible until A12 or just not even possible at all.

EDIT: If this isn't supposed to be here I will delete it, just let me know.
Claims to know most things.

Lonely Rogue

I'm starting out modding, and this seems like an awesome longer term project! I'll let you know when I have an opportunity and I'll look at it. I'm more of a predator guy myself, though...
Edit: long term as in I keep making it better and updating it
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Mr.Cross

You know, I honestly think That xenomorphs look cool, I've seen bit and pieces of Alien vs Predator but never once seen the entire movie. Nor any other movie whose main protagonist is either a xenomorph or predator. I just figure It'd be cool to see more things with a pack mentality. I.e having a group of drones scout things out, possibly kidnap a person or two. then have the warriors come in, try to lay waste to the colony. Have to figure out how to incorperate the matriarch and face huggers though.

Also before I forget, Thank you. and I can't wait to see the outcomes of your continual effort.

Lonely Rogue

I could make a small mod right now that makes a new warg called drones, and have it be an event... do you mind emailing me?
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

CB elite

Quote from: Mr.Cross on July 05, 2015, 10:47:49 PM

Ideas:
They be made as a hidden faction, Like the Mechs.
The Drones have a pack like mentality. (Moving and Attacking. Similar to the wargs, except they can use doors.)
They are able to Incapacitate and Steal a colonist to breed more xenomorphs.
Have Warriors try to lay waste to the colony. (They defend the Matriarch if one is on the map. Other wise they just lay waste to buildings, items, crops, and pawn.)
Have a matriarch who spawn facehuggers who will intern have a chance to place an egg inside a colonist. (will kill the colonist (possibly turn them into the butchered meat. for the wormling xenomorph.) and spawn a xenomorph wormling who will eat the dead colonist (and possible animals that happen to be around. And grow up to become a full sized Xenomorph.)
They would have a Resistance to bullets but a weakness to fire.

I understand that not all of this will be possible until A12 or just not even possible at all.

EDIT: If this isn't supposed to be here I will delete it, just let me know.

1) To make a faction hidden, add: <hidden>true</hidden> to the factionDef
2) Non-colonist pawns using/opening doors will most likely require .dll
3) Thinktrees that allow for kidnapping are available in core
4) I don't know much about coding AI to do certain things, but trashing the colony (instead of seeking the death of colonists) will likely take a .dll
5) I'm currently trying to work on an action that will allow my flood infection forms to infect incapacitated humans. I don't know how easy/complicated this is going to be yet, but will require .dll for both of us. Will let you know if I get something to work.
6) Resistance/weakness is easy. Add natural armor to the xenomorph pawn (like turtles), but make more flammable than normal.

Will be keeping my eye on this :)

kexici

Like i write in https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14848.15
i just make grafick for facehuger (100%) xenomorf (75%) xenoquenn (50%) cute xeno worm (100%)
Egg (100%)
and basick BodyDefs for them
:D

!!!!!! xenomorfs attack only in nigth and attack outdoor light first ,then open the doors and attack power source , then pawn in night !!!!!  its wery important :D because its fun :D  and scary :( :D 
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10327.0

Mr.Cross

Quote from: kexici on August 10, 2015, 06:00:10 PM-Snippets of stuffs-

Don't worry, I was talking to him about this, and linked both of our posts in the messages. I'm working on it now, but i'm unsure as of how much i'll be able to do with code.

Hiztaar

Just to say, I'm working on USCM equipement with USCM weapons as an extention of Skyarkhangel mod https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13972.0

Already done with guns, M41A and M56 (it hurts like hell). Flamethrower almost finished too. UA 571-C Automated Sentry Gun on the way.
"What do you mean, "*They* cut the power ?"

[B18] United States Colonial Marines (Aliens) - All mods

Mr.Cross

I've seen your mod, and I don't think I'm going to bother with the guns, I might, but if I don't I might just send them your way, That is if you don't mind. As such I'm hoping that when you do post those that it be in a seperate folder at the least, so people who do happen to come from the mod. So that they have a choice of just useing the Colonial marines stuff, or both.

Hiztaar

No problem with that. Having a very good AI for xeno is already a huge work ;)

Mr.Cross

No kidding, I don't think i'm going trying to make this until after A12 is released, and even then I may be biting off more than I can chew. So to speak of course.

Hiztaar

You should start by introducing the xenomorphs as a standard faction who can attack sometimes like pirates. Then make it evolve to get your nice AI :)

JorJor