spike lag

Started by omatkoicorko, July 03, 2015, 05:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omatkoicorko

hi,

i have spike lag each time my colonist are idle, it is ok when 2 are idle, but for a few moments i had like 10 colonists idle, and then huge lag appears, when it bed time (nighty nights ;) game run smoothly, when they have job, maybe sometime lag happen on largest map, but my pc cant handle 10 idle colonists

regards.

Axelios

People had this before and apparently it is because idle colonists are looking for jobs, and they check every kind of work that you have enabled in overview. If you have all colonist set to all work, that means a lot of checking when they're all idle.

Try enabling fewer types of work in overview per colonist.

Does that help?
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

wonutt

I found that not setting defined work hours fixes this...i usually set one defined work hour when i want them to wake up, then anything the rest of the day until a large group of "visitors" start idling.

Tynan

Quote from: omatkoicorko on July 03, 2015, 05:07:57 PM
hi,

i have spike lag each time my colonist are idle, it is ok when 2 are idle, but for a few moments i had like 10 colonists idle, and then huge lag appears, when it bed time (nighty nights ;) game run smoothly, when they have job, maybe sometime lag happen on largest map, but my pc cant handle 10 idle colonists

regards.

If you could post your savegame I could take a look.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

omatkoicorko

Save game would be heavy modified,

I will check with time shedule, but i have set bed time, wake up and anything for rest of the day. As for jobs, i dissabled what i do not use

skullywag

Im also heavily modified but can confirm that when the warning regarding idle colonists i get a lag spike every 5-10 seconds, I know that isnt useful as its modded but its waaaay more pronounced in the latest release.

Ill see if i cant repro in vanilla.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?