Black screen on startup please help!

Started by kronicmeerkat, July 04, 2015, 10:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kronicmeerkat

So I downloaded some mods from  the rorum and the activated them, and poof! my game crashed, so I removed them from the mod file and while doing so removed the core file as well. now i have put the core file back in but stupid rimworld wont activate the core stuff by default and for reasons unknow now if I redownload rimworld it does it there too! is there a way to reset the rimworld files ? without opening up rimworld itself?

Baldarama

same problem for me...
tried everything, still only black screen :(

version: alpha 11b

Baldarama

deleted everything... re-"installed" rimworld, still same problem.
Is there a reg entry for activating mods (which I could delete)?

dont understand how this can happen :/

MiniKeeper

This is happening for me too. Reinstalled 3 or 4 times. How do I fix this?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Go in to (assuming you know how) %appdata% and find local low then ludeon studios I believe. open rim world then find the config folder, delete the modsconfig.xml and you should be right as rain. If you still need help ill try to help further
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Baldarama

Mechanoid Hivemind

The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

MiniKeeper

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on July 04, 2015, 12:10:57 PM
Go in to (assuming you know how) %appdata% and find local low then ludeon studios I believe. open rim world then find the config folder, delete the modsconfig.xml and you should be right as rain. If you still need help ill try to help further
If you don't mind, can you tell me how to go into %appdata%?

Baldarama

just google it... i would do it for you, but i dont know your prefered language ;)

skullywag

be aware some mods that worked for A11 wont work for A11b.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Lonely Rogue

If you're on windows you go to the start menu and type it there... I've encountered the same problem and it works.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Mechanoid Hivemind

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+get+to+appdata+on+windows+8

Here if you all are confused by what i said. This is for windows 8 btw if you need windows 7 then just delete the 8 and replace it with a 7 in the hyper link

Tynan

This is addressed in the support forum on this perma-thread

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0

Please post in that forum if you're having this issue, thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog