[A11] [WIP] Star Trek: Fall of the Federation v0.03a

Started by James009, July 06, 2015, 01:58:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James009

Star Trek: Fall of the Federation

This mod is currently developing for all the Star Trek fans and enthusiasts. It currently adds in Federation uniforms based on the Star Trek Voyager or Deep Space Nine style uniforms. The uniforms are pretty standard jumpsuits that are slightly better then default clothing and they come in a number of colors representing the various departments.

• Red = Command
  • Gold = Operations (Engineering/Security/Tactical)
  • Blue = Medbay/Science
  • Green = No clue.

I've also begun adding in Star Trek style weapons including hand phasers and phaser rifles complete with SFX.

Screenshot taken while using Ultimate Overhaul Modpack.

Screenshot of V0.2 hand phaser weapons firing.

Screenshot of V0.2 phaser rifle weapons.

Screenshot of V0.2 combadge.

Story
Based in the late 2360 the premise of this mod is that the Federation has fallen upon hard times with the war against the Dominion and the Borg not going well. Outstretched and thinned your ship went down on an isolated and desolate planet far away from Federation influences. But you could also be on an extended away mission or establishing a Federation outpost or colony with little Federation support.

Use EdB Prepare Carefully to create your own story.

DOWNLOAD!
V0.03a

Versions

• V0.01 - Initial release. Adds Federation uniforms.
  • V0.02 - Phasers! Adds Federation hand phaser weapons from TOS and TNG era and TNG style phaser rifles complete with graphics and SFX. Implemented TNG era combadges that act as accessories. Changed uniforms to be department specific, non-craftable, without quality levels, and not constructed out of any materials (make them consistent and uniform).
  • V0.03 - Faction! Implemented the Federation faction which can have colonies, outposts, or maybe a ship in the area to help you out. They currently have two types of personnel (officers and enlisted). This will be expanded later.

Future Plans

• Add in a Commsbadge that helps improve social.
  • Add Federation weapons (phaser, phaser rifle, ect.)
  • Add Federation equipment (tricorder, hypospanner, hypospray)
  • I might change the uniforms to specifically be a particular department and offer bonuses. For example, I'd have a Blue Medical Uniform which would help with medicine and science. Please give feedback on this idea.
  • Change uniforms to be static textures with pre-defined colors.
  • Add in TNG and TOS style uniforms.
  • Add a Federation faction (higher tech, nice, good traders).
  • Transporters?
  • Aliens.

Trivia

• SFX must be monotone (and .wav) in order to work.
  • I changed uniforms to non-craftable so the different crafting materials wouldn't mess up the appearance and stats.
  • Best way to experience this mod is to spawn the necessary items via godmode or use Prepare Carefully to acquire them as they shouldn't be buildable or tradeable.

If anyone would like to help develop this mod, please contact me via PM.

[attachment deleted due to age]
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Lonely Rogue

You spelled enthusiasts wrong.  :P Lol, other than that, I like the idea for this. I am currently reading Star Trek Federation (All the book says, lol) and have been interested in Star Trek and Star Wars (separately, of course) since I was a toddler.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Snownova

You should add replicators! And mineable dilithium crystals which can then be used as a power source for said replicators :D

antibodee

Brilliant mate.  Best part of this would be if you can get a Borg faction, especially if playable.  With the limb for limb mechanics, and by merging many already existing mods, I think this would be awesome.

Dont know if you made this because of my request forever ago, or your own idea, but thanks for the email.  Ill be watching this closely.

James009

Quote from: Snownova on July 09, 2015, 06:05:59 AM
You should add replicators! And mineable dilithium crystals which can then be used as a power source for said replicators :D
I could re-do the Nutrient Paste dispenser and make it cost a LOT more energy but it gives pretty good meals and only runs off of energy. I don't think I'll add dilithium as that is mostly used for the starship functions and wouldn't be needed on away missions, crash landings, or colony expeditions.

If we had the ability to play RimWorld ON a starship, that'd be a different story.

Quote from: antibodee on July 09, 2015, 01:59:30 PM
Brilliant mate.  Best part of this would be if you can get a Borg faction, especially if playable.  With the limb for limb mechanics, and by merging many already existing mods, I think this would be awesome.

Dont know if you made this because of my request forever ago, or your own idea, but thanks for the email.  Ill be watching this closely.
The Borg are probably possible as a combination of a new race and the zombie mod mechanics but I'm not nearly experienced enough for that yet. They'd also probably be nearly impossible to beat, haha. We'd also need a host of new graphics for that and it took me hours to do the uniforms and weapons.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad to see others are excited about this mod. If anyone is playing it yet let me know what happens in your stories (and bugs).

Also, if you've already downloaded the v0.3 I've updated it with a small bugfix that fixes the phaser rate of fire (which I was testing) and a combadge bug.
Lets Crashland Here Simulator!

Lonely Rogue

You could make a way for RW to be on a Starship, you could make it require the ship components in a room of metal, with a nutrient paste dispenser, food in a fridge (or your replicator idea  :P) and 'quarters', and you keep some of your colonists up to run the ship, it then has selected colonists land to make a new colony after some time in the ship.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?