Idle colonists after certain level of Growing Tables built.

Started by thehead, July 06, 2015, 10:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehead

[0.11.857]  Windows 8.1

Ice sheet . The first colony it happened I thought maybe a Save error or something.  So started a new colony  it happened again.  I made sure to save different points of progression to see.   Before the last three tables are built they work like normal.  As soon as the last three tables are built they stop working except for growing.  Each time one colonist still mines but the rest don't haul work or do anything.  I can Prioritize them to whatever and they do that one thing then back to Idle.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Lonely Rogue

Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

thehead

Quote from: DDawgSierra on July 06, 2015, 10:16:36 AM
I can't see or understand the problem.

If you look at the picture you can see there are plenty of jobs to do (potatoes, Dirt to clean, Mining..etc)   4 of them can clean and Haul, but they are idle. The overview is covering the growing tables but you can see the "Hideous" room that needs cleaning and mining. hehe. 

TLHeart

I know just how frustrating it can be with bugs...  loaded up your files, and let them run, with no input from me. The only idle colonist I got was Trovatelli because there was nothing she could do.

I then took the just before bug file and built the new stove and deconstructed the old stove, and still, only had  Trovatelli idle. They mined out the rooms, cleaned, hauled, even mined and hauled the steel to the north.

I loaded your save autosave3, and see where the colonist are idle, but have no idea why they won't work.

When I load your autosave3 file, I get a long list of errors, different items but the same error;

Could not resolve reference to object with loadID Colony902153492 of type RimWorld.Faction. Was it compressed away, destroyed, had no ID number, or not saved/loaded right?

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

I do not get those errors from loading my generated save3 file from the same game time of 6h jul 6.

This is not saying you did anything, it is information to try and figure out where your bug is coming from.

thehead

Quote from: TLHeart on July 06, 2015, 02:07:52 PM
I know just how frustrating it can be with bugs...  loaded up your files, and let them run, with no input from me. The only idle colonist I got was Trovatelli because there was nothing she could do.

I then took the just before bug file and built the new stove and deconstructed the old stove, and still, only had  Trovatelli idle. They mined out the rooms, cleaned, hauled, even mined and hauled the steel to the north.

I loaded your save autosave3, and see where the colonist are idle, but have no idea why they won't work.

When I load your autosave3 file, I get a long list of errors, different items but the same error;

Could not resolve reference to object with loadID Colony902153492 of type RimWorld.Faction. Was it compressed away, destroyed, had no ID number, or not saved/loaded right?

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

I do not get those errors from loading my generated save3 file from the same game time of 6h jul 6.

This is not saying you did anything, it is information to try and figure out where your bug is coming from.

Thanks. 
After your post I went back and reinstalled the current build.  Loaded the saved games.  Just like you i let them build  it worked WOW. but then I loaded the auto save3  Idle colonist.  So I went back loaded earlier files  then I realized what had already happened in Auto save 3.  I had changed what was growing.   SO..  I went back and sure enough when you change what is growing on the last three being built, they bug out after planting the new choice.   However I tried it more  just changed two and no bug out.  Tried changing different ones and it only BUGS after the third of those last three is changed.   

I thought more and maybe it is the crop type??  But I had a Cotton growing already.  if it was the number of tables it would bug no matter what crop.  Looks like after reaching a certain number of tables the order to change the Growing plant bugs them out.    Please go back to the ones you had work fine and this time change the crops on the new tables and see if it does it to you as well.

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

thehead

Quote from: Tynan on July 06, 2015, 07:35:40 PM
Do you have any mods active, perchance?

No mods.  HP laptop not meant for gaming so I try to keep it to a minimum to run the game efficiently . I did run it more canceled the table to be built next to the sunlamp.  It ran fine. So I added the table in a different location and changed the crop.  Ran fine.  Since this is the second colony it happened to, my next test is to see if it is WHERE the table is placed. I can't remember the old colony where the last table was placed. I will look back at the old saves and see.

Thanks.

thehead

Ok I found the previous colony.   Same map  I like the cold. :)  last table built was the one under the SUNlamp.    The bug is already happening  but maybe this file will help.

[attachment deleted due to age]

TLHeart

Thanks for the additional information, which was critical. On the last hydroponics table built, underneath it you have a growing zone set for potatoes... that  is why when we let it run with the default potatoes planted everything ran fine.  As soon as we change the plant type on that last table, we have a conflict between growing zones, that can not be resolved.

I can reproduce the error every time in your game file, even build the table in a different location, just has to be on top of a growing zone.  Having troubles getting the same results in other game files, but I will add it to mantis.

TLHeart

Quote from: thehead on July 06, 2015, 08:01:51 PM
Ok I found the previous colony.   Same map  I like the cold. :)  last table built was the one under the SUNlamp.    The bug is already happening  but maybe this file will help.

Same problem two growing zones occupying the same cell. Lower right where there are 5 potatoes growing the growing zone extends 1 cell under the hydroponics table that has rice. Cleared the one cell of ground potato growing zone, and they all went back to being hard little workers.

thehead

Quote from: TLHeart on July 06, 2015, 09:12:06 PM
Quote from: thehead on July 06, 2015, 08:01:51 PM

Same problem two growing zones occupying the same cell. Lower right where there are 5 potatoes growing the growing zone extends 1 cell under the hydroponics table that has rice. Cleared the one cell of ground potato growing zone, and they all went back to being hard little workers.

Good work!  I even thought about that growing zone when i built the table sacrificing the plant for the extra speed of Growth with the table.  I never deleted that part.  Simple fix.  Thanks for helping.

TLHeart

your welcome. Bug hunting is always about the details, and can be something that is very easy to overlook.

Gaesatae