Toxic Fallout

Started by Patrykbono20, July 06, 2015, 02:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrykbono20

Welcome
So I happened to receive event Toxic Fallout. How long does it usually take? Their colonists moved into the restricted zone and do not let them out, slowly begins to me to end food. Is the game is sure some innings before or just closed space? Because my colonists are starting to freak out a little.
How long with you this occur?

TLHeart

toxic fall out lasts from 5 days to 21 days.  The toxic effects builds up slowly so you don't have to keep colonist inside all the time, just limit their exposure. The toxic effects do decrease over time when they are inside.

Jimyoda

Severity (%)  Stage  Symptoms
4  Initial  Consciousness -5%
20  Minor  Consciousness -10%
40  Moderate  Consciousness -15%, Vomiting, Dementia (permanent)
60  Serious  Consciousness -25%, Vomiting, Dementia (permanent)
80  Extreme  At this stage the victim will fall unconscious and need rescue. Consciousness: max 10%, Vomiting, Dementia

100% toxic buildup = DEATH!

I would like to find out how quickly severity builds and drops over a given time period.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

TLHeart

It takes twice as long for the effects to wear off, as it takes for it to build up from my play testing. Have no in game number  to verify that against.

Kelian

Looking forward to this one. I haven't had it yet but I had the similar volcanic ash event and that one lasted 30 or more days it seemed. It sucked too.

StorymasterQ

Well, now you know how the world fares when Mount Tambora exploded. There is a reason why it was called the Year Without a Summer. Look it up!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

lord rabies

I think it's brutal, I keep gettign wave after wave after wave of attacks now :)

Wolfen Waffle

This game needs some Radaway and Rad-X

And nuka cola

Levin

One of my colonists got dementia from the fallout. A year later she still has it. Permanent it seems :(

Kelian

Quote from: Wolfen Waffle on July 07, 2015, 07:42:15 PM

And nuka cola

Sooo much YES!!! Hahaha. You forgot the super mutants.

TLHeart

yes if you let them get to the dementia stage it is permanent. Easy enough to avoid that though.

tylers2001

Quote from: Wolfen Waffle on July 07, 2015, 07:42:15 PM

And nuka cola
especially nuka cola
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

mc858

That would be so cool to have super mutants pop out during toxic fallout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cassey

Kind of makes getting some internal greenhouse up and running a must, since the toxic fallout will kill most if not all of the plants and animals.

Cassey

AN7AG0NIS7

It's not that bad, only happened twice in 3 years in my game so far. My colonists just wait it out indoors and then bring home all the dead animals for butchering and cooking. They don't even get sick from eating the tainted meat. That will probably have to be balanced for logical reasons.