How to do the dropbox download thing

Started by Lonely Rogue, July 07, 2015, 12:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lonely Rogue

I don't know how to ask this on dropbox, and it's FOR my mod, so it IS relevant for mod help, I guess...
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

Lonely Rogue

I've done that, I just can't find a tutorial on how to make the link to a download. Is it the share link? That has only ever led me back to Dropbox.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

kaptain_kavern

It's indeed done with the "share" button. Should give you the link after that.

https://www.dropbox.com/help/167

joshwoo69

a quick warning. don't change your dl=0 to dl=1. people will think it will download into your computer right away when they visit the page.
EDIT: i used to have a modpack with a picture for pics or no cliks,,, changed the dl=1 and people started to complain dislike me :( / hate

Lonely Rogue

Any mod requests?

DaemonDeathAngel

Dropbox is very easy to use as well. If you ever go making mods with a team, you can make a dropbox branch that only you and the people you allow can see. Makes transferring files really easy.

kaptain_kavern

DaemonDeathAngel

Eeeeh, you could, I've always preffered Dropbox. It's been around longer than Github, IIRC.