Guest Beds?

Started by SpookCrow, July 07, 2015, 02:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpookCrow

I have a idea where when the friendly colonies visit and when they want to sleep. You can make Guest beds where they can sleep in. Their color should be a different color like white or a different color. Once they wake up and leave, their colony goodwill  will go up a bit for the given hospitality.

Just a idea I thought of...
"Fear is the enemy within you that can lead to your demise." -Spook

WickedGoddess

I think that is a good idea.  You won't wake up to random strangers sleeping in your potatoes anymore.  Also if you are evil, your guest room can be a trap.

xlockeed

I'm not a big fan of exploiting things. But there needs to be repercussions if visiting people never come back from visiting your town. IE your faction standing drops as rumors fly that you killed them. But you wouldn't have an impact if they died while attacking other tribes on your map.

Back on topic, I would agree a bed for visitors would be cool. Like stated above, white color indicate. And it would be cool if you meet their needs they stick around longer.
Each year of thy life is the foundation for the next. The man who squanders his youth needs must build his life on a foundation of mud, and then wilt it collapse.

WickedGoddess

I personally never kill or trap guests, but I have seen this new fangled Youtube thing...So I know where it would lead....

TLHeart

and if you are really nice to the guest, the ask to join your colony.

Euzio

I like the idea. Always wanted to build something like a guest house for all the visitors so that they would stop sleeping all over the place...

keylocke

Quote from: TLHeart on July 07, 2015, 11:46:25 PM

^this. i like where this is going.

SpookCrow

Quote from: TLHeart on July 07, 2015, 11:46:25 PM

I like where this is going too. The visitors stay longer when there's guest beds and you can socialize with them, and give them food until they leave. Maybe one person may ask to join your colony like someone said. The faction goodwill will go up also. Its kinda turning into a inn for Visitors
"Fear is the enemy within you that can lead to your demise." -Spook

Kegereneku

Better than "guest bed for visitor", I think we could have a Guest type.

The idea would be to fill the blank in this relation (inter-faction) table.

[Not-staying]        [Staying]
Friendly        Friendly        Colonist
Neutral        Visitor        <GUEST>
Enemy        Hostile        Prisoner

<GUEST>
- Keep their faction unless colonistified (recruitment is chance-based similar to prisoner).
- Have a countdown indicating how long they'll stay, Social-pawn can influence it.
- Do not obey draft order but obey Area (it should avoid using them as warrior).
- Refuse to drop item or exchange them (unless made prisoner), but take meal.

I see a wide range of possibility with that
- you would have a reason to have pawn talk to visitor and invite them.
- it offer a basis for Diplomacy, Trading and a lever to play on for eventual relationship.
- it offer an alternative to brainwashing Prisoner into undying loyalty.
- Not all prisoner can be recruited, but Visitor are now open to recruitment.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Lonely Rogue

But you can have friendlies who are not colonists...
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Kegereneku

I suppose I could modify the table.
The thing is that Friendly isn't really a type, more of a modifier of Visitor.

[Not-staying]        [Staying]
                Colonist
Neutral/Friendly        Visitor        <GUEST>
Enemy        Hostile        Prisoner
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

LanMc

What about making a "Guest" Zone?  That way we can assign an area for Guests and everything in that area can then be used by Guests? 

I too like the idea that the better the Visitor accommodations are - the more likely we can gain rep or have one of them offer to join. 
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...