Storage

Started by NemesisN, July 07, 2015, 03:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NemesisN

this game needs proper storage and not just leaving things and food on the ground...especially food...add a refrigerator or something...only thing that has proper storage are weapons with weapon rack...what about food, clothes and other things ? Maybe add little more space into that storage then 75 for food and material

I know there are mods for this but the game should have proper storage for other things as well then just weapons
Join the RimWorld fan community group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1404635226524821/

Lonely Rogue

The weapons rack can be used for clothing.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Axelios

Quote from: DDawgSierra on July 07, 2015, 10:49:41 PM
The weapons rack can be used for clothing.

Really? That sounds like a bug tho
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

keylocke

iic : crates, barrels, and sacks(bags). from other games (like in gnomoria, etc) have pros and cons.

cons : you have to click on each container to see it's inventory to know what's inside. (can be a hassle when you're searching for something specific and you forgot where you stored it)

pros : you can stock multiple items from different categories (like weapons and armor) inside a single crate.

skullywag

Our issue ingame with storage and the mechanisms we have right now are simply that the pawns need to know that stuff is inside the container, currently most ways of doing this store the "thing" as a variable or something which means its no longer available to pawns. The only way is to force move a stack onto a single cell (as Mipen does in MD2) which requires 2 cells. Pawns only know not to stack more than 1 "stacksize" into a cell.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Kegereneku

I wish we had a locker allowing to keep best clothes at specific place and change a outfit in one action and 3 click rather than 5 and 9999~ click.

If we did we could have dedicated
- combat clothes
- comfort clothes
- <events> clothes (like Foil Helmet for psych or a gas mask for Fallout)
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

nmid

Quote from: Kegereneku on July 08, 2015, 11:16:33 AM
I wish we had a locker allowing to keep best clothes at specific place and change a outfit in one action and 3 click rather than 5 and 9999~ click.

If we did we could have dedicated
- combat clothes
- comfort clothes
- <events> clothes (like Foil Helmet for psych or a gas mask for Fallout)

One of the mods have something called Locker that does this.
Not sure which mod though, it's one of the more well known mods for sure.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ