so.... colonist...babies? (pawns?)

Started by pktongrimworld, July 08, 2015, 07:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pktongrimworld

in the change log, do the pawns having infant/adolescent/adult/breeding

apply to colonists?

Ramsis

Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Shinzy

Likely just part of the animal breeding/taming

christhekiller

I'd wager it's only to do with animal breeding right now. But it might go over to colonists later on

AN7AG0NIS7

Just a thought.. If colonists do reproduce, and then the colony gets raided and overrun, what would the raiders do to the mini-humans after all the adults are dead?

So yeah, don't get your hopes up. Unless, mini-humans are made to be invulnerable like in many other games.

Mr.Cross

I don't know, Take them, raise them as their own? Raiders do have feelings you know. It's them mechs who kill indiscriminately that you need to watch....
Claims to know most things.

AN7AG0NIS7

Nightwolf

If Rimworld handles children anything like the way Dwarf Fortress does, then I would expect children to go just as crazy, and suffer terrible deaths as well.  Quill18 has a good Dwarf Fortress lets play of the ghosts of dead crazed dwarf children attacking and maiming adult dwarves.  So yeah... Tynan could definitely go either way with this...

AN7AG0NIS7

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with children deaths in games, because it's just a game. But after release, there'll probably be people (who weren't in the alpha community, we're hardened vets!) throwing a hissy fit about it. Political correctness and whatnot..

Kruniac

Quote from: AN7AG0NIS7 on July 08, 2015, 10:46:37 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with children deaths in games, because it's just a game. But after release, there'll probably be people (who weren't in the alpha community, we're hardened vets!) throwing a hissy fit about it. Political correctness and whatnot..

Tough shit.

Anyway, if we have features for breeding animals, that's a mod's throw away from breeding people. Hell, I'd like to breed slaves for food/leather/more slaves.

Euzio

wakko151

Quote from: christhekiller on July 08, 2015, 09:16:44 PM
I'd wager it's only to do with animal breeding right now. But it might go over to colonists later on

I defiently hope so. I would love to have a modern version of dwarf fortress style game play with a complete civilzation model. Including the abilty to breed pawns and later on, effecting the rest of the world map.

MarcTheMerc

Its doubtful with the frequency of rapid removal of limbs in Rimworld, its a political correctness timebomb.
Peaple wouldn't like that...

Jerks
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

BassMonroe

Quote from: AN7AG0NIS7 on July 08, 2015, 09:39:36 PM
Just a thought.. If colonists do reproduce, and then the colony gets raided and overrun, what would the raiders do to the mini-humans after all the adults are dead?

They'd make a nice little snack before the raiders move on to terrorise more colonies. ;)

skullywag

Please dont let the art just be smaller versions....i want full on DAWWWWW :D
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?