so.... colonist...babies? (pawns?)

Started by pktongrimworld, July 08, 2015, 07:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AN7AG0NIS7

Quote from: BassMonroe on July 09, 2015, 04:30:55 AM
Quote from: AN7AG0NIS7 on July 08, 2015, 09:39:36 PM
Just a thought.. If colonists do reproduce, and then the colony gets raided and overrun, what would the raiders do to the mini-humans after all the adults are dead?

They'd make a nice little snack before the raiders move on to terrorise more colonies. ;)

Raiders also need some soft, supple, extra-comfortable leather pants to go marauding in for extended periods of time. It's like wearing skin!

evil scientist

i hope they will just leave them alone i dont wana see raiders shoot children in the face .
a knife in a gun fight this is how its done right ?

Spectre

Quote from: evil scientist on July 09, 2015, 05:25:31 PM
i hope they will just leave them alone i dont wana see raiders shoot children in the face .

This always makes me smile. Capturing people, skinning them, eating their raw flesh, harvesting organs for profit and selling people in to the hell of slavery is fine. But a child dying? To far man!
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

Fernbhoy

could just kidnap them, slave traders need slaves from somewhere.

lusername

And then they get horribly killed or kidnapped and enslaved by pirates. Maybe if colonists can reproduce there will be an actual real use for those double beds other than being pretentiously huge.

AN7AG0NIS7

But.. single beds are too small! In real life anyway..

Axelios

Quote from: AN7AG0NIS7 on July 09, 2015, 09:13:34 PM
But.. single beds are too small! In real life anyway..

To be honest, you don't need a bed at all. I've been quite happy standing up in a crop field
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

tommonius

I was always waiting for tame animals and children, now we will have the little buggars doing nothing useful and eating out supplies for 16-18 years unless they grow up quicker. I hope the children can at least do some simple jobs, I am glad for farming animals as they will reduce the burden on supplying my town with food because growing crops might get a bit hard if we have to many children

Kegereneku

Do you all realize that Tynan might give a mood debuff for killing a tamed animal ? Your food supply is gonna be depressing.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

BassMonroe

Quote from: tommonius on July 10, 2015, 02:07:17 AM
I hope the children can at least do some simple jobs.

Maybe could do all the jobs such as cleaning etc.

I'd quite like to see politics/colony government in Rimworld that gives us the option to be a freedom loving 'do what you want' colony or an authoritarian militarised colony (Everybody has to work even kids). Colonists that don't believe in your government would be more likely to go on a rampage etc.

milon

@BassMonroe:  +1

About kids growing up in 18 years: these are genetically modified humans from 3000ish years in the future. They don't necessarily need 18 years to grow up. ;)

Tericc

Quote from: milon on July 10, 2015, 07:36:12 AM
@BassMonroe:  +1

About kids growing up in 18 years: these are genetically modified humans from 3000ish years in the future. They don't necessarily need 18 years to grow up. ;)
It also depends on the society. cultures from long past when old age was 30 years adulthood wasnt even 10 years. + 18 years was developed by culture not a litteral time period.

AEWorthy

Quote from: Kegereneku on July 10, 2015, 03:35:56 AM
Do you all realize that Tynan might give a mood debuff for killing a tamed animal ? Your food supply is gonna be depressing.

That's probably not going to be the case. In a society where domesticated animals are seen as food, the slaughtering and butchering of those creatures wouldn't affect the people as much i.e. it might debuff a colonist from a glitterworld, but a colonist from a medieval world most likely wouldn't care. Although, Tynan could also make a new set of character traits that make a colonist either be bothered by, not really care about, or love the slaughter of animals.

magicbush

Quote from: Kruniac on July 08, 2015, 11:42:07 PM
Quote from: AN7AG0NIS7 on July 08, 2015, 10:46:37 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with children deaths in games, because it's just a game. But after release, there'll probably be people (who weren't in the alpha community, we're hardened vets!) throwing a hissy fit about it. Political correctness and whatnot..

Tough shit.

Anyway, if we have features for breeding animals, that's a mod's throw away from breeding people. Hell, I'd like to breed slaves for food/leather/more slaves.

QuoteThis always makes me smile. Capturing people, skinning them, eating their raw flesh, harvesting organs for profit and selling people in to the hell of slavery is fine. But a child dying? To far man!

Lol agreed, who cares about PC :P. This world is getting ridiculous with that crap lately honestly, and everyone is offended by something now-a-days because they are to bored to find something productive to do.

DF has it as stated(I don't see anyone going on their forums whining about it), and it only makes sense we have children in the game at some point considering it's a colony.

keylocke

Quote from: BassMonroe on July 10, 2015, 04:43:20 AM
Quote from: tommonius on July 10, 2015, 02:07:17 AM
I hope the children can at least do some simple jobs.

Maybe could do all the jobs such as cleaning etc.

I'd quite like to see politics/colony government in Rimworld that gives us the option to be a freedom loving 'do what you want' colony or an authoritarian militarised colony (Everybody has to work even kids). Colonists that don't believe in your government would be more likely to go on a rampage etc.

i think kids should be able to help clean at around age 3+, then at around 10+ they can do all of the jobs but they can't be drafted for fighting, then at age 15 they're already considered as adults in the game.

that means that kids will have more years to train their skills than normal pawns. plus, it would finally allow real relationships in rimworld. people will have sexy times and they will have families, etc..

also, as tynan had said before, he would also like to accommodate longer playthroughs. so instead of the usual 5-10 year games, maybe a century long game could eventually become the norm or something.. (maybe time ticks faster)