Trap idea - Explosive Canisters or Barrels

Started by A Friend, July 09, 2015, 09:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Friend

Craftable metal canisters or barrels filled with alcohol you can brew.

- Would not set off when walked over, instead it needs to be shot for it to trigger.
- When shot, it would trigger instantly.
- Would be pretty medium in size so your colonist would have little trouble shooting it.
- Just explodes or causes fire? I dunno.

I'm not sure how realistic this is, but whatever. Just an idea I had.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Lonely Rogue

That would be AWESOME! I already have an idea for auto defenses with it.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

skullywag

Easy, building with comp explosive with small hp. done. Got a texture ill knock it up in a few mins. :)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: skullywag on July 09, 2015, 01:59:59 PM
Easy, building with comp explosive with small hp. done. Got a texture ill knock it up in a few mins. :)
SKULLY YOU ARE ON FIRE!!!! Can i add a suggestion tho? I saw there is a fuel puddle texture in vanilla ( i do believe) make a fire barrel to the when shot it "sprays" (spawns) the puddles and a molotove cocktail can light them? i saw it when i was roaming textures so thought it be a cool idea
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

skullywag

its what the molotovs drop when they explode, those orange squares. Itll need some dll work but yeah its doable.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: skullywag on July 10, 2015, 06:54:55 PM
its what the molotovs drop when they explode, those orange squares. Itll need some dll work but yeah its doable.
Nice, I have been thinking about more traps and this is one of them, let me know when its all said and done, be a nice addition to rimworld
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Toggle

Yeah... they'd basically be still molotov's, so they'd require a bigger bang and buck. They'd probably cover the area in fire and burn longer. To make them you'd need a wooden barrel and you'd craft a barrel of alcohol in the cooking menu with a barrel and ? amount of hops, which would be like x10 the amount used in beers or something like that. You'd probably also place them like tv's, plant em down.

Alternative for making the barrel full of alcohol by the way, Tynan is probably adding a bucket for milking I'd imagine, even if not if there was a bucket item you used for the brewing beer inside of it, and the bucket is consumable just because the barrel blueprint would require 2 buckets of it or so, depending on how much the buckets required.

The suggestion though sounds like a good mod idea, my opinion is eh about adding to main game. Like a more explosives or traps mod.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 10, 2015, 07:19:19 PM
Yeah... they'd basically be still molotov's, so they'd require a bigger bang and buck. They'd probably cover the area in fire and burn longer. To make them you'd need a wooden barrel and you'd craft a barrel of alcohol in the cooking menu with a barrel and ? amount of hops, which would be like x10 the amount used in beers or something like that. You'd probably also place them like tv's, plant em down.

Alternative for making the barrel full of alcohol by the way, Tynan is probably adding a bucket for milking I'd imagine, even if not if there was a bucket item you used for the brewing beer inside of it, and the bucket is consumable just because the barrel blueprint would require 2 buckets of it or so, depending on how much the buckets required.

The suggestion though sounds like a good mod idea, my opinion is eh about adding to main game. Like a more explosives or traps mod.
I think you should have to buy them from traders for a really low price but they have alot of barrels to give you and you install them just like a piece of art work

skullywag

hmm using beer and wood to make a barrel, not quite what I had in mind but without adding oil/petroleum to the game but its the easiest way to acheive a "barrel of something flammable". I may give this a bash...