wheelchairs

Started by pigman999999999, July 09, 2015, 10:39:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman999999999

in this universe you can make cyborgs yet you cant make wheelchairs what is that logic.

Quasarrgames

Welcome to the forums! :)

This is a good idea. It is one of those ideas that (i think) people generally agree upon, but there isn't quite enough support to make it happen soon.

Also, wheels are forbidden in this game.

But it is quite a good idea. :)
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

A Friend

Quote from: pigman999999999 on July 09, 2015, 10:39:47 AMwhat is that logic.

Pfft, please.

-Veins contain readily processed steel instead of iron ores.

-You can make solar arrays without solar panels.

-You can make concrete out of steel.

-We have concrete floors but can't make concrete walls.

-You can make highly advanced automatic tracking and firing turrets without circuits and any sort of programming.

What else is there?
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Kelian

Quote from: A Friend on July 09, 2015, 10:58:08 AM

Pfft, please.

-You can make highly advanced automatic tracking and firing turrets without circuits and any sort of programming.

What else is there?

You crash land with highly advanced ship parts and cant find enough to make desktop computers for joy/research/comms etc?

You have a point.

The wheelchair thing is a good idea but how would colonists navigate sand on desert maps? They'd be limited to paved paths.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Kelian on July 09, 2015, 11:07:22 AM
Quote from: A Friend on July 09, 2015, 10:58:08 AM

Pfft, please.

What else is there?

You crash land with highly advanced ship parts and cant find enough to make desktop computers for joy/research/comms etc?

You have a point.

The wheelchair thing is a good idea but how would colonists navigate sand on desert maps? They'd be limited to paved paths.
Could go one step further. ;) track chair that have a tank track on them :D
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Toggle

Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on July 10, 2015, 07:23:12 PM

But by then it's getting kinda silly. We have bionic legs, prosthetic legs, peg legs, those are the options really.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

A Friend

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 10, 2015, 07:25:25 PM
Quote from: Zerg HiveMind on July 10, 2015, 07:23:12 PM

But by then it's getting kinda silly. We have bionic legs, prosthetic legs, peg legs, those are the options really.

Tank legs and cannon hands. Needs more options!
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Kaballah

If Tynan continues in his current vein of development with animal handling and goes on to add mounts, then wheelchairs will probably be a really simple step from that.  In any case I agree wheelchairs would be a cool thing to have.  They should have a really bad movement penalty on any terrain other than rock or flooring (possibly ice too) but it gives you something to do with a double amputee colonist other than make sandwiches out of them.

Lonely Rogue

I like your humor. Double amputee sandwiches for sale!
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Songleaves

Quote from: Kaballah on July 12, 2015, 02:11:25 AM
If Tynan continues in his current vein of development with animal handling and goes on to add mounts, then wheelchairs will probably be a really simple step from that.  In any case I agree wheelchairs would be a cool thing to have.  They should have a really bad movement penalty on any terrain other than rock or flooring (possibly ice too) but it gives you something to do with a double amputee colonist other than make sandwiches out of them.

Wheelchairs, wheelbarrows, bicycles, stretchers, patient gurneys.... By themselves wheelchairs aren't important enough to justify introducing an entire mounting system, but if the system was already in place then they would be reasonable to add. Alternatively, without a mounting system it could be turned into an operation called "Fitting for wheelchair" and its inverse could be "Retraining walking" or something like that...

Vaperius

From the sound of Tynan's current development track he already made a "mounting" sytem ;3 hurhur ;3

But really: I more concerned with what will be coming this update : animal farming and trading is sure to be a lucrative thing: and is likely a step towards moving away from raids as the primary income source of a colony in favor of manufacturing goods.
I remain Vigilant.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: Vaperius on July 14, 2015, 03:02:30 AM

From the sound of Tynan's current development track he already made a "mounting" sytem ;3 hurhur ;3

But really: I more concerned with what will be coming this update : animal farming and trading is sure to be a lucrative thing: and is likely a step towards moving away from raids as the primary income source of a colony in favor of manufacturing goods.
I dont know about most of you but some of the tycoon games i played, you start with garbage that sells at garbage prices. You save up to get something that will "PUSH" you forward to where you make more money so on and so on, i wanna see something like that maybe your colony makes 1 thing, starts off crap. but gets better, guns, clothing, weapons, ammo, or maybe you do many things. I really hope you all who read this under stand what i am getting at :/
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Xerxes99

Ok champs - chill your little socks a min and rethink the problem;

if the aim of the solution is to offer mobility to legless colonists when you don't have access to medicine to install a peg leg - then crafting crutches at the crafting table out of wood would be a simple solution that would solve this. This would involve little coding and no new art.

This could be either something that is equipped through the 'operations' tab, or equipped as an item; like a weapon or gear. If implemented it should have a bit of a movement penalty that still makes installing a peg leg a better mid term solution.

Toggle

That would make no sense though. as you said the aim is to offer mobility to legless colonists with no medicine. Wheelchairs would replace legs, allow use of arms, yeah. Crutches require legs to actually use you know e.e
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

pigman999999999

but if you in my situation it would be helpful when the game is agents you and you have 4 contls and one of them is emoble becase the doset fell like it would be a good idea to send him a binc they give me a prostech leg with 5-15% of moblity i havet ben played on that got new desktop that would be help ful