Can you do anything with Bones? Besides bury them?

Started by mc858, July 09, 2015, 02:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mc858

I just had a toxic fallout kill everything on my map----- i had LOTS of animals on the map lol. Seems a waste to just throw the bones away- can i make anything out of them? (even if i have to download a mod- please recommend one)

winnsanity

Toggle

Sadly as of yet you can do nothing with bones but cremate.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

lusername

Yeah, you should be able to make bread out of the bones somehow.

AN7AG0NIS7

Bone armor and weapons!

Or bonemeal to instagrow crops..

No wait.. wrong game..

Caminha

Quote from: lusername on July 09, 2015, 09:09:54 PM
Yeah, you should be able to make bread out of the bones somehow.
Bread? I'd agree if you had said weapons, but bread?

lusername

Isn't this how bread is made? I've never entirely understood bread. I just know from the legends that it is apparently made from grinding bones somehow.

AN7AG0NIS7

Caminha

Quote from: lusername on July 09, 2015, 09:14:16 PM
Isn't this how bread is made? I've never entirely understood bread. I just know from the legends that it is apparently made from grinding bones somehow.
No, never heard of that. My father used to own a bakery and never heard of using bones.
Usually bread is made of dough that is usually made of flour and water and sometimes other things like sugar and salt.

Raufgar

Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Drahkon

Pile them up in front of your killbox, light them on fire next attack.

Lonely Rogue

I would recommend a two or three wide firebreak of non-flammable material between everything and the bones, lol.
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

lusername

Quote from: Caminha on July 09, 2015, 09:17:57 PM
No, never heard of that. My father used to own a bakery and never heard of using bones.
I'm guessing bakeries don't suffer from regular home invasions that give them a sufficient supply of invader bones to grind into bread, then. Traditional bread, from what I understand, is made from grinding these bones.

silenced

Quote from: lusername on July 09, 2015, 09:14:16 PM

Maybe you're talking about Broth Soup? But you won't grind the bones for that.
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ...

milon

Quote from: Drahkon on July 10, 2015, 12:35:36 AM
Pile them up in front of your killbox, light them on fire next attack.

Wow, an actual use! Everything in RimWorld is a resource!  :)
Also, I'm pretty sure there was a mod somewhere that let you craft skull totems or something out of bones, but I can't find it right now.