Room size

Started by jsteele726, December 13, 2013, 08:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsteele726

I tried searching to see if this had been suggested, so I apologize if it has been and I didn't find it.

I've read that bedrooms must be 6x6, or 36 blocks, in order to avoid the "Cramped environment" negative effect. That is definitely a large room, easily rivaling that of a master bedroom suite. Because of this, I would like to see that requirement lowered to something more realistic, like 5x5. And since this game has an emphasis on feelings and effects on our individual colonists (And the stories that result), maybe we could see some additional effects. Maybe something along the lines of:

Closet Space- Room is smaller than 4x4, generates significant negative mood
Cramped Environment- Room is 4x4 or larger, generates small negative mood
Room to Breath- Room is 5x5 or larger, generates small positive mood
Master Bedroom- Room is 6x6 or larger, generates slightly higher positive mood

thebadman

You need 27(3x9/5x6) titles to make your colonists/prisoners feel comfortable in room.
I think less than 9 was for very crampled debuff so it is actually pretty much same as you suggested.

palandus

I manage to do it with 4x3 rooms with a flower pot, a door, carpet and a lamp light and I seem to avoid the debuff.  Then again I may not notice it.

mbos14

Quote from: palandus on December 13, 2013, 12:29:26 PM
I manage to do it with 4x3 rooms with a flower pot, a door, carpet and a lamp light and I seem to avoid the debuff.  Then again I may not notice it.

i did the same and i still sometimes got the debuf.
the should make the prisoners complain so much about smal spaces a 3x3 should be more then large enough with a bed, lamp, flower and carpet.

palandus

Depends on how many prisoners you get. At one point due to some wierd fluke, I had over 10 prisoners. I actually had to build additional jail rooms to house them all.