change cryptosleep behaviour towards psycological effects

Started by zandadoum, July 11, 2015, 08:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theapolaustic1

Quote from: skullywag on July 11, 2015, 05:59:11 PM
you ended your sentence with "malady"..ma' lady...my lady...its an english thing. :)

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/malady

He meant "maladies" (plural), but he used the right word.

killer117

I personally use them every time i play. I almost exclusively play ice sheets and tundra maps, so i always get food problems, at least till a sufficent hydroponics area is built, so what i like doing is, duribg a food crisis, get all my guys who are more soldiers than workers, and stick them in the pods, then wake them up, either during a raid or when the food shortage is over. I also find them good for, just after a large raid, when my colony takes hits and ive got serious injuries, i may use them. Recently i had 4 survivers of a mechanoid raid. 1 was fine, another was cut but it was basically nothing, and the other two were pretty bad. The first was losing 50% of his blood a day, but i could save him easy. The other though. He had 100% blood loss, and was already at minor blood loss, he wasent going to survive at this rate. So i take him, and stick him in a pod. When everyone else is good, i thaw him out and fix him up. Then it was all good. So yeah, i find them esential in some games
Whats Rimworld without a little cannabilism/ murder/ maniacs/ crazy tribes/ nasty pirates/ nutcase animals/ genocidal robots etc.

Kegereneku

Quote from: theapolaustic1 on July 12, 2015, 08:21:14 AM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/malady
He meant "maladies" (plural), but he used the right word.
Ah great, that word IS a transparent word/cognates. I thought I went insane.
You aren't a lady either I suppose ?

Quote from: zandadoum on July 12, 2015, 04:51:23 AM
what is all this people babbling about immunesystem and what not...
[...]
please go read my OP and responses before replying to this post.
First, you are not the only one to have opinions here. The disease topic was introduced by someone else, you are welcome to join the discussion.
Second, it does make sense that a colonist getting out of Cryptosleep get words of thing that happened while he was out, especially if he see the corpse and the blood.
Waking up and discovering the fellow comrade he live with murdered a prisoner in cold blood, is not a trivial facts. In fact it could be scarier to wake up and feel that everybody is lying to you.

What I can agree with is the problem reworded by Axelios that everything is felt as fresh no matter how old it was. That's why I suggested to diminish the effect as time go by, so we can avoid making it an easy exploit. In fact its possible the developer (Tynan) added that in an earlier Alpha precisely because it was abused.

Anyway, I don't mind myself to have a reminder that Rimworld are hellish place, and many SF story have used the concept of post-cryostasis freak-out. Who said cryogenics was like a gentle nap ?
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

zandadoum

Quote from: Kegereneku on July 12, 2015, 02:35:58 PM
Quote from: zandadoum on July 12, 2015, 04:51:23 AM
what is all this people babbling about immunesystem and what not...
[...]
please go read my OP and responses before replying to this post.
First, you are not the only one to have opinions here. The disease topic was introduced by someone else, you are welcome to join the discussion.
actually: NO!

i made this topic to discuss an obvious problem/misbehaviour/bug/whatever from cryosleep when it comes to PSICOLOGICAL DEBUFFS.

if you want to talk about physicall illness, make your own post

to get back on MY topic, let me quote someone who explained it better than me:

Quote from: Axelios on July 12, 2015, 06:58:22 AM
Just an addition to OP's observation of the cryptosleep pods:

While a colonist is in the pod, they can pick up new bad moodlets (prisoner executed), but those moodlets don't expire because they're in the pod. If you leave them in the pod long enough, they'll collect bad moodlets for every bad thing that happens in your colony:
- prisoner executed
- colonist left unburied
- prisoner sold
- plus any other global bad moodlets that exist in the game.
If any of these stack normally, they can stack for the colonist in the pod.

Then, when the colonist is eventually let out of the pod, they could very easily go nuts. I'm not sure that this is expected behaviour.

Toggle

Quote from: zandadoum on July 13, 2015, 01:47:44 AM
if you want to talk about physicall illness, make your own post

Please stop being so hostile about this. It's a suggestions thread, it's open to any suggestions, the suggestion here seems to be for cryptosleep to kill off diseases while in it. The title in this thread is 'Change cryptosleep behavior", which means any topic on changing the behavior is entirely relevant to this thread, whether it's changing colonists minds or bodies.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

zandadoum

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 13, 2015, 04:08:23 AM
It's a suggestions thread, it's open to any suggestions, the suggestion here seems to be for cryptosleep to kill off diseases while in it. The title in this thread is 'Change cryptosleep behavior", which means any topic on changing the behavior is entirely relevant to this thread, whether it's changing colonists minds or bodies.

so, the content of a post doesn't matter, just the title, hum?

ok, post title changed to "change cryptosleep behaviour towards psycological effects"

happy now?

wanna talk about illness or physical effects of cryptosleep now? MAKE YOUR OWN POST

this post is to discuss cryptosleep PSICOLOGICAL effects.

Toggle

Okay, it's psychological, not psicological. And as long as we're on the topic of cryptosleep at all, it's fine. And there's no NEED for a new post. Why are you so pissed about it, honestly? You said what you wanted to suggest, and now people are discussing it and suggesting other things, as most threads do. There's nothing more to add to the original point. "Make it so people in cryptosleep don't get outside mood effects, make cryptosickness more". Actually here's 2 things to that. If they get out, they get the mood effects, although that'll suck to cold, and cryptosickness is an ass and I don't want that increased as some people use them to freeze soldiers until use, and then they barf EVERYWHERE.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

zandadoum

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on July 13, 2015, 12:27:25 PM
Okay, it's psychological, not psicological. And as long as we're on the topic of cryptosleep at all, it's fine. And there's no NEED for a new post. Why are you so pissed about it, honestly? You said what you wanted to suggest, and now people are discussing it and suggesting other things, as most threads do. There's nothing more to add to the original point. "Make it so people in cryptosleep don't get outside mood effects, make cryptosickness more". Actually here's 2 things to that. If they get out, they get the mood effects, although that'll suck to cold, and cryptosickness is an ass and I don't want that increased as some people use them to freeze soldiers until use, and then they barf EVERYWHERE.

if people is not talking about the thing i want, in the topic i made, for the ideas i have, then why the EFF talk at all? i'll just close this. go make your own post if you want to talk about crytpoillness and whatnot